PDA

View Full Version : Moveable drill bushing positions--Ideas needed

Herbert Mulqueen
08-31-2010, 11:47 PM
Does anybody have an idea how to put an 1 inch OD drill bushing on a T-Square. Which can be moved on both the cross T and shaft.

Something similar to " True Position " but bigger and capable of exchanging different size drill bushings. TP can only use 1/4 inch and 5 mm drills.

Things I looked at are the "Bridge City" DJ-1 which is a beautiful jig which uses 3/4 inch bushings and while a flexible tool for lots of odd shapes it does not fill the bill. For location of multiple holes in the X and Y axis easily.

Woodpecker and Pinnacle have 2 inch ruler stops---were almost there, now I need a drill bushing holder to attach to the stops. Got lots of T-squares and rulers.

I would think that there is something like this out in the world of airplanes and tool and die work.

Any inputs would be welcome.

Thanks,

Herb Mulqueen Jr.

Why 1 inch OD drill bushings? They seem to be a common bushing in the machine world and very high quality can be found used on Ebay. It also allows me to drill letter size to 3/4 inch or bigger. While something like a 3/4 inch bushing OD is difficult to find used and limits the size to 1/2 inch.