PDA

View Full Version : Corel X4 Rounded Corners are elliptical..!

Stephen Hanlon
08-31-2010, 11:19 PM
Hi All,

Could someone help with an issue I am having with rounding corners in Coreldraw X4...I have a rectangle that is 1250 x 217 and when I try to round the corners to get a 10mm fillet they become elliptical. Why does this happen or is it that I have not got a setting right???

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks, Steve

Stephen Hanlon
09-01-2010, 1:04 AM
Finally figured it out........

Open the docker, choose Windows > Dockers > Fillet/Scallop/Chamfer and then just set the fillet to 10mm...easy. Only took me a couple of hours searching....:D:D:D:D

Kim Vellore
09-01-2010, 2:23 PM
Thanks for posting the solution, I was playing with it last night and scratching my head... now I know the fix too.

Kim

James E Baker
09-01-2010, 10:10 PM
You also get asymmetrical rounded corners if you've done a non-proportional scaling/resizing of a rectangle before you do the rounded corner thing with the shape tool.

Stephen Hanlon
09-02-2010, 2:39 AM
thanks James...that was the answer I was after. I usually do a quick rectangle and then type in the sizes, which obviously changes the scaling, which in turn gives an uneven fillet. Perfect thanks a heap James...

James E Baker
09-02-2010, 8:58 AM
No worries. It drove me nuts until I figured it out because I used to do exactly the same thing.

Scott Challoner
09-02-2010, 10:01 AM
thanks James...that was the answer I was after. I usually do a quick rectangle and then type in the sizes, which obviously changes the scaling, which in turn gives an uneven fillet. Perfect thanks a heap James...
Another quick solution is to draw the rectangle, type in the size you want, and then draw another rectangle over the top of the first using the corners of the first rectangle as a guide (assuming you have "snap to objects" on.) Then you can apply the radius to the second rectangle and delete the first.
Also, Corel has fixed this issue in X5.

James E Baker
09-02-2010, 1:19 PM
Another quick solution is to draw the rectangle, type in the size you want, and then draw another rectangle over the top of the first using the corners of the first rectangle as a guide (assuming you have "snap to objects" on.) Then you can apply the radius to the second rectangle and delete the first.
That's the process I follow once I figured out what was causing the asymmetric corners.

Martin Boekers
09-02-2010, 1:50 PM
You know there really ought to be a book on tips that you use everyday for Corel.

Just like this one, so many basic things that are hard to find. (without SMC:D)

Maybe even a webpage on the Corel site, 100 top tips you use everyday.

Just like adding more file to the recently opened section.

Hint hint