PDA

View Full Version : Dust Right Experience?

Larry Frank
08-31-2010, 8:23 PM
Has anyone tried the Rockler Dust Right Hoses and fittings. I was looking at them and they seem like a good idea but they are on the expensive side. Would really like to hear from anyone who has some experiences.

Roger Jensen
08-31-2010, 8:35 PM
I have most of the pieces. The best attribute is the quick connect - it is air tight and secure. I have the splitter on my router table, connnected to the fence and box. The floor sweep and handheld attachment are good, and I have the swivel attachment where I connect the hose to my pvc dc pipe.

The weakest part of the system is the flexible/expandable hose. It is too heavy to have attached to anything you're moving around, such as the floor sweep attachment. The only practical use of it is to attach it to equipment and let it sit on the floor. It also twists when you stretch it, which is why you need the swivel attachment if it is connected to a fixed pipe.

In summary, I like the system, but dislike the hose.

Roger

Will Overton
08-31-2010, 8:58 PM
I've been using it for about a year and a half. I have a 2 1/2 car garage/shop. I hook up one machine at a time and with the expandable hose. I never move the dust collector.

Unlike Roger, I use to use it to clean the floor with no problem. Since improving the dust collection on things like my router table and table saw, there usually isn't too much to clean up, so those duties now go to the CT-22.

I have recommended the Dust Right to a couple of friends who are also happy with it.

fred klotz
08-31-2010, 11:50 PM
I have the expandable hose and some of the quick disconnect fittings, and floor sweep attachment. I don't have a problem with the weight of the hose for the floor sweep, although I use it for that only occasionally. The weight of the hose is a problem for a quick/temporary setup. For the router, I'll lay it across the bench to support the weight. At the drill press, I need to come up with something relatively heavy duty and adjustable. The hose, with its quick connects, is great for hook up to a machine that is used in different locations, and when your done, just block the end and it sucks itself back into its corner.