PDA

View Full Version : Last of the Platters

Bill Bulloch
08-31-2010, 2:35 PM
These are the last of the platters I plan on making for a while, I know I said that before, but this time I mean it. These make a total of ten. Wife did the painting. Hard Maple and Walnut. 12 inch diameter. Only have one coat of poly on them so far.

What ya think?

John Keeton
08-31-2010, 3:05 PM
Bill, I gotta say - you have had a winning streak with these!! Not sure I would quit, but there are other things to turn.;)

While both are exceptional, the Panda Platter has my vote! Really well done on the wood layout, and the painting.

David E Keller
08-31-2010, 5:23 PM
You and your wife are both to be congratulated. These are really nice. I hate to see the series end, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you take on next.

Christopher K. Hartley
08-31-2010, 6:32 PM
Bill, beautiful work! kudos to your wife on the design work. You two make a good team!;)

Roger Chandler
08-31-2010, 7:45 PM
Bill,

Both of these platters are just 2 good! Love the segmenting, and the form, but your wife has just set these in a league of their own with the panda and the bamboo............

It is just a wonderful and charming use of talent from both of you! Congratulations to you both!!! :)

Michael James
08-31-2010, 8:46 PM
Each ne of a kind and very beautiful all around. And the display is perfect!
Go TEAM!!!:)

Bernie Weishapl
09-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Bill those are beautiful. I don't think you should quit.

Jon McElwain
09-01-2010, 1:26 AM
I think my favorite part is that you and your wife worked on them together! Panda is great, I love the bamboo platter the best - the segmenting and painting compliment each other on the bamboo platter. Thanks for posting!

Michelle Rich
09-01-2010, 7:21 AM
wow Bill, your wife is a heck of a painter..I love the colors. Nice job, both of you