PDA

View Full Version : Last Weekends Art Show

Michael E. Thompson
08-31-2010, 8:35 AM
I mentioned in another thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=147012 about and art show I had entered. This was the most successful show I have entered yet. Sold several hundred dollars worth. Surprising a lot of bowls, a few hollow forms, bottle stoppers, etc. I did display my large birds-eye bowl mentioned in the other thread. It looked really great in the sunshine. However the wind was a problem, it was very gusty and several thing were blown off the tables, including the large bowl. It suffered some road rash and frankly mad me feel sick. I brought it home and was able to more or less repair the rim, its not perfect, but much better.

Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone who offered their advise and opinions in helping me price items and encouragement. I am really beginning to enjoy these shows, even though they are a lot of work.

Mike

Norm Zax
08-31-2010, 8:37 AM
Well done Mike. Good sales are always a moral booster.

Ted Calver
08-31-2010, 9:13 AM
Congratulations on the sales Mike. Have you given any thought on how you might deal with the wind in the future?

Michael E. Thompson
08-31-2010, 9:18 AM
Congratulations on the sales Mike. Have you given any thought on how you might deal with the wind in the future?

Yes, I had a tent, but it has no walls. I am going to look for a tent that have walls that drop down on all four sides. Also we almost lost the tent. To fix that problem, I am going to get four buckets and a large diameter PVC pipe. Put the pipe in the bucket and pour cement around the pipe. The leg of the tent will slip into the pipe, then ratchet strap the tent to the bucket. That should keep it in place and the wind out of the booth.

Bernie Weishapl
08-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Well done Michael. Sounds like you had a good time.

John Keeton
08-31-2010, 1:27 PM
Sounds like it was a very successful event! Really sorry to hear about the damage to your pieces - that would have made me sick, too!!:(