PDA

View Full Version : Where to get parts for older powermatic 66 table saw?

Scott Tiffany
08-31-2010, 6:06 AM
I really didn't need it but I picked up an older powermatic table saw the darker
green with white stripe.Seems to be in pretty good shape but I want to re do it. My questions are.

#1.where to get parts?

#2. How to tell what year it is?

#3. It has the older type round tube fence rails and they are about six feet long. Are these good fences and has anyone used one?

If anyone could help it would be great.
Thanks Scott.

Peter Quinn
08-31-2010, 6:21 AM
Have you called wmh? That would be my first call on both parts and age.

Kent A Bathurst
08-31-2010, 6:23 AM
You should go to the Old Woodworking Machines forum - owwm-dot-org. These questions are right in their wheel house, and they have a sale/swap thread ["Bring Out Your Dead"] where parts + machines are sought and sold. I think you need to sign up to get to the BOYD.

There is a related site - owwm-dot-com - that has a lot of information re: machines, serial numbers, manufacture dates, photos, owner's manuals.

Caveat - they allow discussion only on "older" machines - ie, made in America. If your saw says "chiwanese" on it, don't bother.

Joe Kieve
08-31-2010, 6:52 AM
Scott....not sure where you live but you might check this website in Newnan, GA, http://www.redmondmachinery.com/page.htm?PG=PartsDepotUSA.

To answer a few of your other questions, I worked in a cabinet shop for 35 years and tried my best to wear out a Model 66...never did, so I just retired and let somebody else try to wear it out. It had a 5 horse motor and we really punished that old machine.

As for the fence and the long round rails, never had a problem with them. Just keep some past wax on both every now and then and they will be fine.

You've got a great machine there! Unless it needs major overhaul, just clean it up and use it. You'll love it!

joe