PDA

View Full Version : Win7/ Usb Problems

Stanley Waldrup
08-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Hello All.
I replaced the old computer with a new Desk Top with Win7. Installed the New Corel Draw X5 and all the latest Drivers from Laserpro. Every thing works Great untill I get down to transfering the File through the print Driver to the Laser. It refuses to transfer unless I unplug the USB cable and plug it back in so the computer will see the Laser then everything will work great after that. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to correct it? Computer is an HP with and AMD 820 processer and 8 Gig Memory on Win7 64 bit operating system and a LaserPro Spirit.

Mitchell Andrus
08-30-2010, 3:43 PM
I have the same type of problem with a newer laptop. Same drivers, new drivers... no matter, no talkie to laser. It fired off once or twice but was so fiddly, I'm just using the old desktop just for draw/laser.

Bryan Morgan
08-31-2010, 12:22 AM
Has the computer gone to sleep or hibernate between the time you powered it on and the time you tried to use your device? There is a nasty bug in Windows 7 that won't re-enable USB devices after it goes to sleep. Whether Microsoft knows about this (or even cares) I don't know.

Jerome Stanek
08-31-2010, 6:25 AM
I would try a unpowered usb hub The the computer should see the hub and anything plugged into it also it forces the computer to use usb 2

Curt Harms
08-31-2010, 7:58 AM
Has the computer gone to sleep or hibernate between the time you powered it on and the time you tried to use your device? There is a nasty bug in Windows 7 that won't re-enable USB devices after it goes to sleep. Whether Microsoft knows about this (or even cares) I don't know.

That's a nice trait for a Uber operating system. USB being such a new and uncommon standard and all.........

Mitchell Andrus
08-31-2010, 8:04 AM

I'm not on 7, I use XP Pro.

Mitchell Andrus
08-31-2010, 8:12 AM
I love the Google: (not tested by me...)

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/9180-usb-device-not-recognized-windows-7-only.html

http://www.liutilities.com/products/campaigns/affiliate/cb/offer/sevenforums/rb/

ONLY the LaserPro isn't recognized on my XP Pro Dell laptop. Everything else works fine leading me to beleive it's a driver problem. Also, I've been told LaserPro doesn't like 64 bit systems, though mine is still 32 bit.