PDA

View Full Version : Inca table saw question

Rick Rifendifer
08-29-2010, 6:00 PM
I have an Inca tilting table saw w/mortiser. It has a 20mm bore. Does anyone know where I can get a dado set with 20mm bore? Thanks Rick----

george wilson
08-29-2010, 6:49 PM
Forrest might make a special set for you,but it won't be real cheap. My old Dewalt(by Clausing) table saw I bought in 1964 has a 3/4" arbor. Back then,blades came with a 5/8" bore,but with a punch out bushing for 3/4". Now,they don't, and I have to put every blade I buy in the milling machine,and bore them out with a carbide boring bar. A psin!!

I have a 6" Freud dado set that I've got to bore ALL the holes in,and keep them perfectly centered.

If I had the energy,I ought to take the blasted saw arbor out,and make a 5/8" one for it.

I think this is one reason this fine saw didn't sell as well as Delta. It is a lot heavier and smoother running than any Unisaw.

doug faist
08-29-2010, 7:20 PM
Rick - I had the same saw a number of years ago and yes, Forrest was very accommodating about boring out their blades, but I was buying the blades at the time. I would think they would be the place to start if you're looking to get the job done.

Doug

Rick Rifendifer
08-29-2010, 7:38 PM
thanks guys. I'll call Forrest tomorrow.

Richard McComas
08-29-2010, 8:21 PM
Yes, Forrest will bore it for you. Doesn't' even have to be their brand. Send them any brand you want. I believe when they bore out blades like that you have to pay for the boring and they have to sharpen the blades to make sure everything is consistence with the new bore.

I know a number of the guy on the Felder owners group have been have their dado set re-bored to fit the 30mm shaper spindle.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o159/rmccomas0043/Picture003Medium.jpg

Chris Mahmood
08-30-2010, 1:01 PM
Forrest didn't charge much for a 20mm bore when I bought a blade from them a few years ago. I highly recommend the 6" dado set from Ridge Carbide, $119 + $65 for the custom bore: http://ridgecarbidetool.com/specials/6-dado-master.html

Stephen Cherry
08-30-2010, 9:04 PM
Yes, Forrest will bore it for you. Doesn't' even have to be their brand. Send them any brand you want. I believe when they bore out blades like that you have to pay for the boring and they have to sharpen the blades to make sure everything is consistence with the new bore.

I know a number of the guy on the Felder owners group have been have their dado set re-bored to fit the 30mm shaper spindle.

Hey-- I think one of those dado sets is now mine! (bought from felder site)

john r davis
08-31-2010, 9:23 AM
pm sent about incra stack dado