PDA

View Full Version : stickup . . Choppers..sd

Rasmus Petersen
08-29-2010, 9:35 AM
Latest order complete.. 24 Chopsticks.

Laburnum/Rosewood (rio)/Bogoak/zebrano slice of aluminium and Valnut.
From 10mm to 3 mm 26cm long.

Bernie Weishapl
08-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Those are cool Rasmus. Really well done.

Tom Sherman
08-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Nice work on them fancy eatin sticks Rasmus

John Keeton
08-29-2010, 12:20 PM
I am betting that is a lot harder than it appears!! Nice combo of woods - really well done!

Curt Fuller
08-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Those are really nice! Are they somehow doweled through the aluminum slice?

David E Keller
08-29-2010, 1:00 PM
I love them, Rasmus. I definitely have chopsticks on my list of things to do. I hope mine turn out as well as yours did.

Terry Murphy
08-29-2010, 1:43 PM
;)What Mr. Keeton said!

Thank you for sharing.

Terry

Ted Calver
08-29-2010, 3:33 PM
Really beautiful!! Is there a flat spot to keep them from rolling?

Steve Schlumpf
08-29-2010, 5:58 PM
Rasmus - Long time! I am guessing that you have been really busy turning!

Great work on the chopsticks! You show a lot of precision in getting each of these the same! They all look great and I really like the slice of aluminum between the 2 woods!

Very nice work! Thanks for sharing!

David DeCristoforo
08-29-2010, 6:34 PM
Chopsticks!?!? Somehow I never have thought of chopsticks being made on a lathe. But I guess it makes sense. Kind of like making miniature baseball bats. Those look awesome. I hate to admit this in public but we eat a lot of sushi at my house. We love sushi. My daughter and I even make our own sushi sometimes. And we always have chopsticks at hand even though we always eat sushi with our fingers. But I would love to have chopsticks that nice laying there to look at while we eat.

I also hate to admit that I have never been able to make even two identical pieces. So my hat's off to you on that score alone...

Ken Glass
08-29-2010, 9:30 PM
24? You must be expecting a large crowd for dinner? LOL They are really great looking and very consistent in shape and size. Well done.

Rasmus Petersen
08-30-2010, 1:04 AM
thank you all :)

John : It is, and isent. its all in the preparations, patience and practice.. (uhh the 3 Pīs)

Curt : they have a piece of threaded rod 3 mm i the section between the 3 elements.

Ted : no no flat spots. i will be making som holders, small pive with a groove for them to lay on besides the plate.

Steve : I have and i havent, been out since march 4ī when i ran my finger thoug a tabelsaw. itīs still there but its not pretty, infection and what have we. but in back..

Thanks all :)

Don Orr
08-30-2010, 1:58 PM
Beautiful work Rasmus. I did some recently, but not as nice as yours. Could you give a little more information on how you put these together please ?

Sorry to hear about your finger-hope it's healing well.

Rasmus Petersen
08-31-2010, 1:48 AM
Don And others. I have already been asked by several if i would do a tutorial. Including a article for a turn mag. so i will :) but im behind on most of my projects so i dont know when i will have the time to do it but i will post it here when or on my website. when i have the time

bob svoboda
08-31-2010, 9:46 AM
Sorry about your finger. Glad you are recovering. I love the chopsticks--gotta go...hungry for chinese food.