PDA

View Full Version : Creeker visit.....on the Creek...Mary's Creek that is.

Jim O'Dell
08-28-2010, 6:47 PM
I was very honored to have David Helm come visit all the way from Bellingham, Washington today. Got to visit for about an hour and a half. He is in town, Arlington actually, visiting his daughter and son in law, and 2 grand kids. They brought him over and stayed too. I really enjoyed it! It's always fun to meet the people behind the avatar and messages, to learn of their backgrounds and what they do and love to do.
I know it's not official until the picture is posted. My wife is still recovering from the day surgery yesterday and not feeling well enough to entertain, so David has the picture on his camera. I'm sure he will add it in when he gets back home.
David, I hope you had a great visit with your daughter and her family. The boys are really cute. Next time you're in town, maybe we can get a bigger group together and haunt one of the local eateries. Jim.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-28-2010, 6:59 PM
Congrats Jim! Creeker visits are great.

Hope your wife gets to feeling better quickly!

David Christopher
08-28-2010, 7:45 PM
glad you got a visit, as they are always fun

Steve Jenkins
08-29-2010, 6:50 PM
always nice to get a visit. I just got back from a week in Bellingham on the 22nd. Stopped in and said Hi to J.R.

Mike Cruz
08-29-2010, 6:55 PM
So...."I got to meet another Creeker"s are like gloats? No pics-didn't happen? Didn't realize it...

Glad you enjoyed it. I, too, enjoy putting the faces with the avatars and names. Always up for visitors.

Jim O'Dell
08-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Yeah, the unwritten rules about these things can get pretty touchy with some.:D:D:D I'm just trying to fend off the picture police until David gets home and can upload it here.;) Jim.

David Helm
08-31-2010, 11:54 AM
OK; The visit really did happen. I was greeted by Jim's exuberant Irish Setters. The older one has more energy than a dog that age should have. They were both quite beautiful. Jim and his wife were very welcoming and didn't even mind that my daughter, her husband and two boys were along. We got to spend a good deal of time talking and looking over Jim's amazing shop. When I asked him what kind of woodworking he does, the answer was "shop building"!!!! He did say that when the shop is fully ready (when is that?) his first project would be new kitchen cabinets. It was truly a pleasure visiting with him at his venue.

Here is the proof:
159954 159955

Oh yeah, you all need proof that I was there too. Here is that:

Don't know how this extra photo of the G0690 got in here but the set up is very nice.

David Helm
08-31-2010, 7:13 PM
bump so Jim can see himself

Jim O'Dell
08-31-2010, 7:16 PM
AAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHH!!!!!! Now I know why I don't look at the mirror very often. :D I actually saw it while at work, just didn't have time to comment on it.
Thanks again for making the trek out to the west side of Cowtown. I really enjoyed the visit! Jim.

David Helm
08-31-2010, 9:56 PM
AAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHH!!!!!! Now I know why I don't look at the mirror very often. :D I actually saw it while at work, just didn't have time to comment on it.
Thanks again for making the trek out to the west side of Cowtown. I really enjoyed the visit! Jim.

What are you talking about? You look great next to the old guy in the picture.