PDA

View Full Version : Lee Valley Is Amazing!

Andrew Gibson
08-28-2010, 1:22 PM
I just Got a Letter in the Mail this morning from Lee Valley and in the letter is a check for $5.
I was curious as to what I bought that would constitute the reimbursement and to make sureit was legimatate.

Called Lee Valley and talked to them, and to find out what it was.
It turnes out the price of their replacement Plane Irons dropped. So they sent me 5 bucks.

I Love Lee Valley. :D

Steve Thomas
08-28-2010, 7:35 PM
This is the over the top nature of lee valley, I too enjoy every trip to one of their stores and mail order is just as good or better!

Well done lee valley

Gary Herrmann
08-28-2010, 9:02 PM
Yep. I was missing the plastic inserts from an 8" norton grinding wheel I bought from them 3 years ago. I called to ask how much the inserts would cost. 5 days later I received them in the mail free of charge. This is why I buy most of my hand tools from them.

Don Dorn
08-28-2010, 9:19 PM
Wow - that's definately impressive.

bob blakeborough
08-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Amazing company for sure!

Callan Campbell
08-30-2010, 1:40 PM
I too received a couple of refund checks from them last year, I had bought several hand planes from them, and two of the planes changed in price at some point near when I bought them. I got a polite letter in the mail along with two checks. One of those consumer/shopping WOW !!!moments that we can all probably count on one hand, unless we're buying from Lee Valley or anyone else that operates their business model like them.:D:D:D

Jacob Mac
08-30-2010, 3:32 PM
So today I called LV to buy a dozuki for cutting M&Ts. The guy on the phone talked me out of a more expensive saw into one that he said was much better for my designated task. The gentleman on the phone took the time to tell me about a seminar he attended a few weeks ago where he got to use four saws and that everyone gravitated to this particular dozuki for cutting M&Ts. I thought it was outstanding service.

Also, the punches LV came out with, in conjunction with Darrel Peart, for G&G ebony plugs are simply fantastic. LV is probably my favorite store to deal with.