PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say hi to everyone!

Gordon Eyre
08-27-2010, 10:52 PM
As you can see, this is my second post here on Sawmill Creek and I wanted to say hi to you all on this fine woodworking forum. I am retired and currently dabble in woodworking. I have a nice wood shop with full dust collection and some fairly good tools. Look forward to my interface with you all here on this forum.

By the way, I am also an advanced photographer and frequent the Nikon Cafe (a photography forum) where I have been part of the forum management for a number of years. I recently resigned my position with the Nikon Cafe in order to spend more time doing woodworking.

Paul McGaha
08-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Hi Gordon,

Welcome to Sawmill Creek. It's a great forum.

PHM

Lee Koepke
08-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Welcome!
I am an amateur woodworker striving to be retired soon ;)

This is a wonderful place, I learn something new just about everytime I show up.

Don't forget to show some pics of what you make, no matter how small ... they like some of my little learning projects!

David Christopher
08-27-2010, 11:00 PM
welcome to the creek Gordon, where are you located ?

Gordon Eyre
08-27-2010, 11:03 PM
welcome to the creek Gordon, where are you located ?

Thanks Lee, Paul and David. I lived in the Bay Area (Pleasanton) until I retired several years ago and move to St. George, UT.

David Christopher
08-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Utah, thats a beautiful place. me and the wife went out west last summer, and we will be going again soon, loved it

Gordon Eyre
08-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Utah, thats a beautiful place. me and the wife went out west last summer, and we will be going again soon, loved it

I too think it is a beautiful place and that is why I retired here. Course St. George is pretty hot in the summer but very nice the rest of the year. Thanks again.

I have put on an avatar and a few other details.

Keith Outten
08-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Welcome to The Creek Gordon.

Gordon Eyre
08-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Welcome to The Creek Gordon.

Thanks Keith. One of the other members asked that I post an image of my latest project I built. It can be seen here (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=147085) in the Woodworking Projects (thread/forum).

Gordon

Van Huskey
08-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Welcome!! Enjoy your woodworking time!

Ken Fitzgerald
08-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Welcome Gordon!

I know where St. George is. As a child I lived in Blanding for a year. A few years ago I treated my MIL, FIL and wife to trip to 4-Corners, Monument Valley and Blanding.

Welcome to the Creek!

Gordon Eyre
08-27-2010, 11:51 PM
Welcome!! Enjoy your woodworking time!

Thanks Van.

Welcome Gordon!

I know where St. George is. As a child I lived in Blanding for a year. A few years ago I treated my MIL, FIL and wife to trip to 4-Corners, Monument Valley and Blanding.

Welcome to the Creek!

Sounds like a nice trip for your in laws Ken. Thanks for the welcome

Dave Lehnert
08-28-2010, 12:06 AM
Welcome

Maybe you can give us woodworkers some tips on photographing our projects. I can never get a good photo.

Sam Layton
08-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Hi Gordon,

Welcome to the Creek. It is a pleasure to meet you.

Sam

John Keeton
08-28-2010, 6:58 AM
Sorry I am late to the welcome party, Gordon, but it is great to have you join us!!

Harold Burrell
08-28-2010, 8:35 AM
Welcome Gordon! Nice to have you aboard. :D

Gordon Eyre
08-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Welcome Gordon! Nice to have you aboard. :D

Hey thanks Harold, appreciate the welcome.

Kevin Gregoire
08-28-2010, 11:50 AM
Welcome Gordon!
your going to love it here, LOTS of great people with tons of knowledge to help with
about anything you can think of.

Gordon Eyre
08-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Welcome Gordon!
your going to love it here, LOTS of great people with tons of knowledge to help with
about anything you can think of.

Thanks Kevin, I have already found that to be true.

Bruce Page
08-28-2010, 1:08 PM
Welcome to SMC, Gordon.
Pull up a chair.

Gordon Eyre
08-28-2010, 3:03 PM
Welcome

Maybe you can give us woodworkers some tips on photographing our projects. I can never get a good photo.

I will be glad to help if I can. Actually P&S cameras take great pictures if you can get the lighting right. I will think about how I can best help with this.

Hi Gordon,

Welcome to the Creek. It is a pleasure to meet you.

Sam

Thank you Sam.

Sorry I am late to the welcome party, Gordon, but it is great to have you join us!!

Hey John, I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Welcome to SMC, Gordon.
Pull up a chair.

I sort of feel at home already Bruce.

Norman Pyles
08-28-2010, 9:47 PM
Howdy.... :)

Gordon Eyre
08-29-2010, 12:57 AM
Howdy.... :)

Thanks Norman, I appreciate it.

Jim O'Dell
08-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Hi right back atcha!!! Glad you found the Creek. As you've already found, lots of nice places to pull into and rest your paddling arms. I look forward to the lighting tips too. Lots of my pictures in the shop come out fuzzy. :D Jim.

Gordon Eyre
08-29-2010, 2:48 PM
Hi right back atcha!!! Glad you found the Creek. As you've already found, lots of nice places to pull into and rest your paddling arms. I look forward to the lighting tips too. Lots of my pictures in the shop come out fuzzy. :D Jim.

Hi Jim, thanks for the welcome. Fuzziness of your image is usually caused by camera shake and too slow a shutter speed. The former you can solve by placing your camera on something solid or just plain good camera holding technique. The second means you need to increase the light and/or use a flash. I will try and write something up in a few days to help.