PDA

View Full Version : New Computer, New Fits. Win7 and USB

Stanley Waldrup
08-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Hello All.
I replaced the old computer with a new Desk Top with Win7. Installed the New Corel Draw X5 and all the latest Drivers from Laserpro. Every things works Great untill I get down to transfering the File through the print Driver to the Laser. It refuses to transfer unless I unplug the USB cable and plug it back in. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to correct it? Computer is an HP with and AMD 820 processer and 8 Gig Memory on Win7 64 bit operating system and a LaserPro Spirit.
Thanks
Stanley

Dav1d Beck
08-27-2010, 2:45 PM
when you try to print something print it then open the command prompt with administrative privileges and type "net stop spooler" and after thats done type "net start spooler" see if it prints if it does it drivers for the laser

Robert Walters
08-27-2010, 3:30 PM
From the LaserPro website:

"Spirit Print Driver version 3.03-01 for Windows Vista and Windows 7 64 bit only. DO NOT USE USB Setup Utility on a 64 Bit OS. See instructions below on how to install Spirit Series Print Driver on a 64 bit OS."

http://www.laserprona.com/sub_page.php?location=30&machine=2

Do you have the latest firmware updates too?

Stanley Waldrup
08-28-2010, 9:17 AM
when you try to print something print it then open the command prompt with administrative privileges and type "net stop spooler" and after thats done type "net start spooler" see if it prints if it does it drivers for the laser

I will give it a try tonight and see what happens
Thanks
Stanley

Stanley Waldrup
08-28-2010, 9:24 AM
From the LaserPro website:

"Spirit Print Driver version 3.03-01 for Windows Vista and Windows 7 64 bit only. DO NOT USE USB Setup Utility on a 64 Bit OS. See instructions below on how to install Spirit Series Print Driver on a 64 bit OS."

http://www.laserprona.com/sub_page.php?location=30&machine=2

Do you have the latest firmware updates too?

I have not upgraded to the latest firmware. I was having problems trying to figuring out the latest.. If you go to the other laserpro site it talks about the new Print driver having a De-Focus addition added. I did not see this when I upgraded the Print driver 3.03-01. Do you know if this will be in an update? The news letter was dated Aug-10.
Hope to get a chance to play tonight.
Stanley

Stanley Waldrup
08-30-2010, 6:36 AM
I upgraded the Firmware and printer driver to the latest set and still have the same results. I have to let the laser do its startup then unplug and replug in the Usb cable and everything is ok. The laser is also set up with a printer port. I have always used it. Maybe the best thing to do is to add a Printer card to the computer and go back to the OLD way!
Stanley

Scott Shepherd
08-30-2010, 9:47 AM
Stanley, you may want to post this in the Off Topic forum here. There are some very knowledgeable computer people on this forum that frequent that area and someone might have an easy fix for you. Worth a try.

Stanley Waldrup
08-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Will do that...
Thanks

Robert Walters
08-30-2010, 1:30 PM
I upgraded the Firmware and printer driver to the latest set and still have the same results. I have to let the laser do its startup then unplug and replug in the Usb cable and everything is ok. The laser is also set up with a printer port. I have always used it. Maybe the best thing to do is to add a Printer card to the computer and go back to the OLD way!
Stanley

Since part of the LaserPro's website require login, I can't see what they have to offer. But have you tried calling them (or a dealer) to see if others are having the same issue?

Dav1d Beck
08-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Stanley

If you leave it pluged in and do the net stop spooler and then net start spooler does it print? or is it not recognized in device manager?

John Noell
08-31-2010, 4:04 PM
And if you do need to plug-unplug, a simple USB switch is less hassle.

Dav1d Beck
08-31-2010, 9:06 PM
And if you do need to plug-unplug, a simple USB switch is less hassle.
True but It should not take that requirement if its windows 7 either his USB drivers are not installed or installed correctly. the USB cable might be bad. or the print spooler is not processing the job until the printer is reset? we need more information from him before we can continue suggestions

Stanley Waldrup
08-31-2010, 9:22 PM
True but It should not take that requirement if its windows 7 either his USB drivers are not installed or installed correctly. the USB cable might be bad. or the print spooler is not processing the job until the printer is reset? we need more information from him before we can continue suggestions

The CDR will stay in the spooler and when I do the plug unplug thing it will load and and work fine after that all drawings will transfer with out having to plug- unplug. Its getting it to reconize the first one. This being a 64 bit system I have been told by Laserpro not to load a USB driver
Stanley

Dallas Traina
09-01-2010, 10:57 AM
I've seen a very similar issue. In my scenario, the print job did get to the machine. However, once the engraving was completed the job was still stuck in the print queue and had to be manually deleted before the engraver would receive the next job. This happened on 3 or 4 computers all with differant operating systems and differant software. I feel this may be a Microsoft issue. Try doing a system restore to a time before "patch Tuesday" on Aug 10th. Let us know if this worked.

Dallas

Jakob Franz
09-14-2010, 10:10 PM
The CDR will stay in the spooler and when I do the plug unplug thing it will load and and work fine after that all drawings will transfer with out having to plug- unplug. Its getting it to reconize the first one. This being a 64 bit system I have been told by Laserpro not to load a USB driver
Stanley

I had a similar issue. It got fixed for me by running Corel Draw as administrator (right click on the Corel Draw EXE or the desktop shortcut, properties, click on compatibility tab, check Run as Administrator at the bottom, and click ok - make sure to close corel draw and re launch it afterwards).

This other issue I've had ever since I got my VLS 4.60 on windows 7 64bit, is after an hour or so the computer stops communicating with the laser. All power saving features and selective suspend are off. The mouse and keyboard still work but the USB port that the laser is plugged into wont work until next reboot. It's like it kills the port. When I go into device manager and select the root hub then go onto the power tab it stops responding. I have used a powered USB hub but it then has troubles installing. Any help would be appreciated ><. Restarting PC every hour is a nightmare.

Mike Mackenzie
09-15-2010, 9:28 PM
Jakob,

This is not normal have you talked to the service department regarding this issue? Send the service department an e-mail.
www service at ulsinc dot com

What version of software are you running?

This has to be something simple that you have overlooked.

Screen saver? Windows 7 has got to be shutting down something. I have many customers who are using Win without this problem.

all you should have to do is unplug the usb wait 15-30 seconds and then plug back in and it should reconnect.

Jakob Franz
09-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Firmware v1.5
FPGA v1.3

Its a couple of weeks old so should be relatively new. I couldnt find new firmware anyway. Where do you check for firmware updates?

There is no screen saver, and nothing powers off for 5 hours except for monitor. Which I have allowed to switch off several times and it hasnt effected the laser. And it's only the laser USB that fails, all other usb devices work (although the usb port that the laser is plugged into won't work until computer is restarted). I am doing some testing, but I think this only happens if corel draw is running in the background, even though it shouldnt be communicating with the laser or using the usb port except for when I print. I'll keep testing before I email ULS support again, as the problem is just too broad atm.