PDA

View Full Version : Quality Bandsaw blades

paul a rowsell
08-27-2010, 6:44 AM
Any info on a location to buy good bandsaw blades for a small (82") band saw. In Canada would be best.

I have a portable bandmill that I use to saw softwood logs and I know from experence that the blade is all the difference.

These would be blades in 1/4 to 1/2" widths. The crap that gets sold with the saws these days should not be allowed. When you see FREE BLADE on the box you know its garbage

Quebecnewf

Jack Burgess
08-27-2010, 8:26 AM
Paul, can you give specific information on where to get quality blades or web site - Thanks

Dan Hintz
08-27-2010, 8:50 AM
Jack,

I think that's what Paul is asking for... where to get them.

james bell
08-27-2010, 8:59 AM
Paul, I ordered the 1/4" blades from Spectrum Supply, and 1/8" from Suffolk (Timber Wolf) and love them over the Craftsman I have been using. They cut beautifully and have stayed sharp thru many cuttings of 4" hardwoods.

I recently ordered the Olson 3/16" but they haven't been delivered yet. Found the cheapest price on Eagle.

All of these are 80" for my 12" Craftsman.

paul a rowsell
08-27-2010, 2:33 PM
I have bought the Suffolk bands for my bandmill . They are second to none in my opnion.

I have a contact in Montreal but I don't think they would supply this small type blade I will check it out.

Quebecnewf

glenn bradley
08-27-2010, 3:07 PM
I don't think they would supply this small type blade I will check it out.

Quebecnewf

I have bought Timberwolf blades 80" and 73". No worries.