PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm gonna like it here...

Al Mann in Miami
02-16-2003, 11:16 AM
I see lots of familiar names and faces, and already more posts than I can keep track of. Lots of new bells and whistles with the software to figure out, pictures to post, folks to talk to.

The notice to move out of Badger Pond was a real gut-wrencher. Moving in with the Oakers would have been like moving in with Malcolm in the Middle. Moving to WoodCentral was a nicer family, but you were still moving in with somebody else's family. This is like moving into a new house with your old family...pretty soon it will be home again. I'm looking forward to it.

Uncle Al

Ted Shrader
02-16-2003, 11:20 AM
Al -

You came up with a great analogy! All that remains is unpacking and hanging the pictures on the wall!

Ted

Dennis Peacock
02-16-2003, 11:21 AM
Uncle Al....You got that right and I feel more comfortable here than anywhere else. I think I will stay a while......Throw a few rocks in the creek and watch the fish for a while.

Dennis - :D

Bart Leetch
02-16-2003, 11:51 AM
I don't have a problem with the picture hanging. I'm trying to figure out where to put the table saw, jointer & all the other stuff what with a bigger garage/shop oh darn there I go dreaming again. This place seem more like we are sitting around a nice shop on shop made wooden stools, with a pot belly wood stove crackling in the back ground, snow on the ground outside, discussing the merits of different tools & ways to build different projects, while drinking our favorite hot beverage. NOW THIS IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!!!!!! There are a few more bells & whistles & just the right amount of freedom.

Bart

Phil Phelps
02-16-2003, 5:55 PM
These bells and whistles are driving me nuts. It will work out just fine, though.

Ted Shrader
02-16-2003, 6:45 PM
Originally posted by Phil Phelps
These bells and whistles are driving me nuts. It will work out just fine, though.

Phil -

My thoughts exactly for the first couple of days. After spending some time trying out the features (my learning curve) and daily modifications by Keith and his talented crew (their learning curve), the place is shaping up very nicely! :)

Ted

ps - found something else new (to me) while doing this post!

Kevin Graham
02-16-2003, 7:17 PM
I've been unable to spend much time here (or any of the other boards) for the last few days, everythings changing so fast I think I'm going to need to take a vacation to learn the ins and outs of the board. So far, I'm impressed with the board and those doing all the work behind the scenes. Now, only 29 more messages until I get a promotion...

Phil Phelps
02-16-2003, 7:37 PM
But I worry about some of the others. Like Mike Tubbs. Head made of solid carbide. Hard and brittle.