PDA

View Full Version : My review of HF 2HP DC

Joe Shinall
08-26-2010, 12:20 PM
It sucks...up dust...

:D

That being said, anyone made any mods to theirs? Like the Wynn filter or anything?

Dave Hasson
08-26-2010, 1:40 PM
I added the Wynn nano-fiber filter to mine and also changed out the 5" plastic tube that runs from the impeller to the dust chamber with 5" galvanized pipe (do a search for stovepipe mod). It sucks even better. I use the Rockler expandable 4" hose and just move from machine to machine. I'm very happy with the performance!

Joe Shinall
08-26-2010, 2:52 PM
Thanks Dave. That sounds like a great idea with the stovepipe mod. I also have the 4" expandable hose from Rockler that I run from machine to machine. I had no DC before I bought this, so of course, I'm loving it even stock.

Myk Rian
08-26-2010, 7:10 PM
I've had mine for a few years now. The only mods are taking out the impeller guard, (before adding the trash can) and adding a trash can separator in front of it.
I have about 30 feet of 4" PVC pipe snaking around the 1/2 garage shop, and it does a great job.

Greg Scull
08-27-2010, 5:57 PM
I modded mine as much as I could and am VERY happy with it. 6" Thien separator and made my own 6" intake, turned the motor sideways and inline with the filter ring. Wynn air filter.... Its great.

The only issue I have is when the motor is really cold it throws breakers. Sometimes it takes one or two trips of the breaker till it works without tripping, then works all day long.

Kurt Rosenzweig
08-27-2010, 6:02 PM
I'd look into resolving that Greg by either upping the feed wire and breaker or checking the unit for defect. Something isn't right. Maybe a bad/weak breaker?

Greg Scull
08-27-2010, 6:39 PM
I'd look into resolving that Greg by either upping the feed wire and breaker or checking the unit for defect. Something isn't right. Maybe a bad/weak breaker?

Its a 20amp with 12gauge wire, and is the first plug in the circuit.

It only happens when the DC is really cold ( not run in a few days ) and no other tools are on when this happens.

I used to run the DC on my 15 amp but moved it to the 20 ( tools ) circuit cause of it and got tired of standing in the dark. I didn't get too far looking into the unit as defective just because I modded it so much. I guess if its an issue they could just replace the motor.

Neil Brooks
08-27-2010, 8:53 PM
It's a gem, and a HUGE bargain when the $139 coupons come around.

Mine's got the Wynn and a Woodcraft cyclone lid/30gal garbage can separator.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_WVVYjLCNo2w/S5HiYv3DD8I/AAAAAAAAAvA/qP_jIQHXoGg/shop_tour_030510%20012_w300_h225.jpg

"Sucks" it does, and does well ;)