PDA

View Full Version : Police video

Dave Lehnert
08-25-2010, 5:11 PM
This is a crash that happened near Dayton Ohio. The teen driver is alive but in bad shape/ This was not a police chase. He just happed to pass a police car before the crash and the officer camera was rolling .
http://www.wlwt.com/video/24734792/detail.html

Mike Cruz
08-25-2010, 9:28 PM
Yeah, saw that on the news. Yet another candidate for the Darwin awards...

Joe Chritz
08-25-2010, 9:32 PM
Apparently he was stopped on the side of the road about 15 minutes earlier and ticketed for a couple offenses. I know he had alcohol and a trace of Marijuana in the car. After passing field sobriety tests he was released with a court date.

You can't see the very beginning but it doesn't look like he lost control and ran off. He may have been watching the cruiser and drifted off or fell asleep. It has a classic sleeping driver path. Could have even been intentional.

Joe

Bryan Morgan
08-26-2010, 1:17 AM
Maybe I spend too much time on the So. Cal. freeways with some of the stupidest people on earth but I no longer have sympathy when things like this happen. All I can say is "bummer". Glad he didn't take out a bus load of kids or nuns.

Mike Cruz
08-26-2010, 5:40 AM
Totally agree with you on the nuns. The kids? The way they are today? Eh...

David Weaver
08-26-2010, 8:39 AM
Apparently he was stopped on the side of the road about 15 minutes earlier and ticketed for a couple offenses. I know he had alcohol and a trace of Marijuana in the car. After passing field sobriety tests he was released with a court date.

You can't see the very beginning but it doesn't look like he lost control and ran off. He may have been watching the cruiser and drifted off or fell asleep. It has a classic sleeping driver path. Could have even been intentional.

Joe

When the news was first released, they said the kid was trying to pass the cruiser on the left and went into the median, and he was going about 100 miles an hour.

I guess he expected it to handle like asphalt.

Mitchell Andrus
08-26-2010, 8:47 AM
No brake lights = fell asleep or otherwise impaired, or purposeful.

If he was stopped and tested for impairment just 15 minutes earlier, adrenaline would have kept him awake.

Not many choices left.....