PDA

View Full Version : Toyl gloat.... I think

Dan Mages
12-12-2004, 10:27 AM
My parents gave me my Hannukah present yesterday and I have no idea what to do... or think of it. There are around 200 maybe 250 plastic spring clamps in two sizes and varying colours. The small one appears to have a 3/4" capacity and the larger size has a 1" capacity. But I have one question about these... what the heck can I these silly things for, besides practical jokes on my parents?

Thanks,

Dan

BTW. My parents ment this as a joke. And yes, I will return the favour in due time!

Jim Becker
12-12-2004, 10:47 AM
Oh, I don't know Dan...I use spring clamps in the shop quite often, although I never felt the need for...um...200 of them! That said, these will certainly brighten up your shop if you sprinkle them around randomly...just clip them onto "whatever" "wherever" for a design element that will certainly be unequaled in any of our shops...at least until our own 'rents catch on to the idea! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Mark Stutz
12-12-2004, 10:50 AM
You could become a luthier.They need lots of small clamps. :D

Tyler Howell
12-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Hang clothes out on the line!!:rolleyes:

Ted Shrader
12-12-2004, 12:34 PM
Tyler has it right. Maybe they are hinting the clothes could use a little washing. :D :)

Ted

Ken Salisbury
12-12-2004, 2:55 PM
I have more than 50 of the little devils. Use them all the time in many ways. A few examples in the photos.

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/x5.jpg

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/freedom/3-28-04 004.jpg

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/freedom/3-28-04 009.jpg

Jim Fancher
12-12-2004, 6:11 PM
Shop snacks!

http://www.toyo.ai-estore.com/catalog/assets/prodimg/Y9250_531_p.jpg

Norman Hitt
12-13-2004, 12:52 AM
Dan, you can use 'em to hang up the plans in your shop (on a clothesline of sorts) for all the unfinished and planned projects, and make sure that the plans for whatever you are going to make for "them" is appropriately displayed at the very back of the line. It could be good for those requests you get for projects from others too, just tell them to make a sketch and hang it up at the Back of the line. Now for LOYL, use tact, when she wants ssomething NOW, and tell her that you will be most happy to put her at the front of the line, but she must take the next project in line, of hers, and place it at the back of the line, for that accomodation in your busy schedule. Ha! (let me know if it works, so I can try it too).

Dan Gill
12-13-2004, 8:49 AM
1. Sell them on e-bay and give the proceeds to your parents' least favorite charity.

2. Glue the tips together and leave them prominently displayed where people will TRY to open them.

3. Clip them to every possible portion of your parents' front porch, screen door, car, whatever.

4. Use them productively in your shop. That will just infuriate them!

Mark Singer
12-13-2004, 9:32 AM
You can use them for drying socks

Draining the oil from potato lotkas (before sour cream):eek:

Tea bags...what do you do with them after you take them out of the tea...now you have clips:rolleyes:

Your parents have a good sense of humor!:)

Jim Becker
12-13-2004, 9:35 AM
Ya know, Dan...I think you should keep careful notes on all these suggestions and send a new tool to the person who provides the most creative suggestions...and I think that Mark has the lead at the moment!!

Dan Mages
12-13-2004, 9:46 AM
Jim, I agree with you!! That would be a fun surprise. Last night I left two of them clipped to the light in my parent's kitchen. I wonder when they will find it. ;)

Dan

Mark Singer
12-13-2004, 9:49 AM
Dan,

You were ahead of me...perfect for tea bags or potato lotkas in the kitchen!

Jim, I agree with you!! That would be a fun surprise. Last night I left two of them clipped to the light in my parent's kitchen. I wonder when they will find it. ;)

Dan

Ken Gartin
12-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Keep them to give as individual gifts to your parents for the next 250 special occasions!
(Use the larger ones for big things like birthdays and stuff so they don't think you're cheap) :D

Steve Beadle
12-13-2004, 12:11 PM
You could open your own clip joint. :)

Kevin Arceneaux
12-13-2004, 12:35 PM
Keep a few of the smaller ones. Then when someone goes "I know how to do it better" (everyone knows one of them), us one to clamp their lips shut.

Matt Meiser
12-13-2004, 5:05 PM

Dan

Place them ALL over your parent's house. Don't forget the back of curtains and other out of the way places. It'll be the re-gift that keeps on giving.

Dan Mages
12-13-2004, 6:28 PM
Place them ALL over your parent's house. Don't forget the back of curtains and other out of the way places. It'll be the re-gift that keeps on giving.
That is already in progress. ;)

Dan