PDA

View Full Version : A funny story

Reed Gray
08-25-2010, 1:12 PM
I know, no pictures, it didn't happen, but..........

We had our 10 year anniversary meeting of our club, the Beaver State Woodturners at our local Woodcraft store. Of course, there was a show and tell. One member has been getting his grand kids to turn. One grandson had a nice bowl, but the rim looked like there was a serious catch, and some pieces were missing. Well, it turns out that his younger brother, just before they came to the meeting, took 3 bites out of the bowl, that is with his teeth.

Can't say as I ever heard of that one before.

robo hippy

Ken Fitzgerald
08-25-2010, 1:17 PM
Seems appropriate in the Beaver State Woodturner's family.:confused::rolleyes:

James Combs
08-25-2010, 1:24 PM
Seems appropriate in the Beaver State Woodturner's family.:confused::rolleyes:

Was exactly my thought. ;)

Steve Peterson
08-25-2010, 1:49 PM
Many parts are edible.

(from an old Euell Gibbons commercial)

Steve

Joe Shinall
08-25-2010, 3:23 PM
Must have been walnut. Kid just wanted to crack the shell :D

Bernie Weishapl
08-25-2010, 3:34 PM
LOL now that is funny Reed.

David DeCristoforo
08-25-2010, 4:09 PM
"...old Euell Gibbons..."

Now that was funny! Yew ever eat a paan tree? But I guess I have to agree that a kid eating his brother's turned wooden bowl could have it's amusing points!

Steve Schlumpf
08-25-2010, 4:53 PM
Great story! Don't you just know that the bowl biter will never be able to live that story down!

Ray Bell
08-25-2010, 6:12 PM
Very funny, the turner should have just denied it, and said "I turned these teeth marks in the rim". The club would have been impressed.

Faust M. Ruggiero
08-25-2010, 6:57 PM
Next time Grandpop might take him out for a burger before the meeting.

Curt Fuller
08-25-2010, 7:09 PM
I know, no pictures, it didn't happen, but..........

We had our 10 year anniversary meeting of our club, the Beaver State Woodturners at our local Woodcraft store. Of course, there was a show and tell. One member has been getting his grand kids to turn. One grandson had a nice bowl, but the rim looked like there was a serious catch, and some pieces were missing. Well, it turns out that his younger brother, just before they came to the meeting, took 3 bites out of the bowl, that is with his teeth.

Can't say as I ever heard of that one before.

robo hippy

Well, now you know people are always talking about food safe finishes!