PDA

View Full Version : Trying to learn the Jointech IPM2

Dave Houseal
08-25-2010, 10:21 AM
So I was gifted a really nice router cabinet with a jointech fence and table. It's a slightly older one with the push button release instead of the flip up deal.

My problem is figuring out how to do the wonderful things I know it can do! I'm reading the manual and looking at the fence, and a lot of it is just NOT making sense.

Anybody out there know the system? Maybe have some tips for me on where I should start off trying to master this monster.

Regular stuff is no problem...but the joinery....hmmm....are box joints the place to start? has to be easier than dovetails...right? lol

I'm also really curious....what is the relationship between jointech and incra? It looks like they are both selling VERY similar products.

Randy Stafslien
08-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Dave,

If you're anywhere near Orange Park, Florida and get it figured out. Let me know.

Thanks,

Randy

Dave Houseal
08-25-2010, 1:06 PM
Dave,

If you're anywhere near Orange Park, Florida and get it figured out. Let me know.

Thanks,

Randy

Hahahaha

I'm in Pennsylvania, but if I come up with anything I'll definitely post the best description I can. I really do like the system for the basic stuff, but I know I can do so much more with it. I want to sort that out too.

I think there is an instructional video but mine didn't come with it. Maybe if I call them I can get a copy.