PDA

View Full Version : Good US source/how to buy Lenox Woodmaster etc

ian maybury
08-25-2010, 9:11 AM
Looks like i may be needing a resaw blade at some point in the coming months for my recently acquired B-24/NRA 600 Agazzani bandsaw - I've a shop to finish refitting, and some trials to get done with a locally available M42 blades first.

From what i read the Woodmaster CT in 1in 1.3tpi appeals - not too expensive, and still gives a very good performance and finish.

Can anybody suggest how best to buy one of these - it should last me for a couple of years. Where/when/how to get the deals - but with the proviso that the welding etc must be reliably perfect given the problems in returning a blade from Ireland.

Thanks

ian

Jim McFarland
08-25-2010, 9:21 AM
I purchased a Lenox Tri-master from toolcenter.com a couple years ago and happy with blade, price and service. Sorry, but I don't know if they ship internationally.

http://toolcenter.com/

Van Huskey
08-25-2010, 10:57 PM
I have had good luck with Spectrum Supply, but I also do not know if they ship international.

ian maybury
08-26-2010, 9:41 AM
Thanks guys. Eagle Tools seem to do them too.

I'm guessing that prices are fairly standard anyway.

ian

Chris Padilla
08-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Ian,

You have a PM from me.

Rye Crane
08-26-2010, 2:53 PM
Ian,

I just ordered 8 new blades from Tom Witt at:

bandsawbladesdirect.com

One of them was a Lenox Trimaster carbide band for my MM 24 and it was a 194" band. It was by far the least I have paid for one of these
bands in several years. It would be worth a call, just go online and get
their 800 number ask for Tom Witt. I saved quite a bit and I have shopped at all the replies that you have gotten from others. All these suppliers have been good but not nearly as good as the above address.

Good luck,
Rye Crane

ian maybury
08-26-2010, 6:46 PM
Thanks Rye and guys - sounds like you do plenty of resawing!

I'll contact a few of those leads and see what the story is on shipping to Ireland.

As it happens i can buy Lenox over here, but they seem to be quite a lot more expensive from what i hear - i'm waiting for a price.

Starrett have just introduced a line of carbide tipped blades, their equivalent to the Woodmaster is over $300!

ian