PDA

View Full Version : New Catalog (at least for me)

Ken Salisbury
04-06-2003, 6:40 AM
I received a Van Dykes Restorers catalog in the mail yesterday. This is a new catalog for me. It is an extensive 325 page catalog with a wealth of hard to find items for restoration/reproduction and other woodworking projects. Looks like a great source for things like specialty hardware, etc.

I should say that it is very pricey.

I also visited the Van Dyke's Web Site (http://www.vandykes.com) which is pretty extensive in itself.

Just thought I would pass this along to those who are not aware of this source.

Larry Anderson
04-06-2003, 5:07 PM
I've been getting their catalog for some time now. Agree they are rather pricey. But in their favor, they have alot of neat stuff. Only used them once for some rocker springs and was a little disappointed, not as beefy as the ones I replaced.

Larry in CA

Jim Baker
04-06-2003, 6:15 PM
A coworker gave me a copy last week. They hqd an incredible variety of products that I hadn't seen before in other catalogs. Anyone restoring an old house may want tio check them out. They had lots of reproduction type stuff. I was very impressed.

John Wadsworth
04-08-2003, 11:03 AM
Van Dyke's isn't the first place I look, but it's often the place to get really hard-to-find stuff. I've always had good experience with my (admittedly few) orders.