PDA

View Full Version : Corel X3 question

Tom Bull
08-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Is there a way to increase the number of recently opened document selections at the bottom of the file menu? Thanks in advance.

Mike Null
08-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Tom

Good question. Mine is at 5 files.

Larry Bratton
08-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Mine is also at 5. I have looked for a way to customize that and I have yet to find it.

Bill Cunningham
08-24-2010, 9:19 PM
Jeeez Tom.. You must be a mind reader! I considered posting that very question several times, but by the time I get online, I forget it.. And that's precisely why I need to increase it from 5 to to 10 or 15.. ha..

Evert Bajema
08-25-2010, 8:55 PM
I up loaded a screenshot this what you looking for

Evert Bajema
08-25-2010, 9:15 PM
Re read your question I now understand what you were asking. please disregard first post. (I get 5 also)

Tom Bull
08-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Actually it is this that I would like to have maybe 10 choices. See attachment.

Mike Chance in Iowa
08-26-2010, 2:32 PM
Note: I'm running some jobs right now and can't disturb the work I have pending to test this, but this should solve the problem. Before you make changes, I strongly suggest you make a backup copy of this file.

Close Corel Draw.

You will need to edit a user file located under Documents & Settings. It may be easier for you to Search for this file name. The file name is FiltMan.ini and if you are using Windows XP it should be located approximately under {Drive}:\Documents and Settings\{UserName}\Application Data\Corel\Graphics13\User Workspace\CorelDRAW\_default

Make sure you have selected the correct filtman.ini file before you edit it!!!

Change the line Max No of MRU File Name=5 to 10 or 15 then save the ini file. Then start Corel Draw. It should then start populating that list to a higher number.

Tom Bull
08-26-2010, 3:06 PM
Thanks Mike, I am always a bit reticent about getting into the "guts" of a program, though I am highly tempted on this one. I was hoping there was just a setting somewhere that would accomplish the task. Seems like something Corel would want to have as an option.

Dallas Traina
08-26-2010, 5:03 PM
I have Corel X3 and have 3 lines called 'Max No of MRU File Name=xx" and changed them all but was unable to get this to work for me. Is there anything else you may have changed?

Dallas

Mike Chance in Iowa
08-26-2010, 7:12 PM
Okay, so I was able to try this out finally and it did not work on my X3 with WinXP. It had worked on an older version of Corel Draw.... I'll poke around and see if I can find the tweak later tonight.

John W Richards
08-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Don't know if this will work for X3, I have X5 on a xp and win7 computers. My xp computer has 15 recent files in the list, but X5 only had 5. I saved the menu workspace and loaded it in win7 and it now has 15 most recents showing. I am attaching the xslt file for you to try, just open it up in the options and import the workspace. Make sure you back up your current workspace so you can return to it if you need to.

Tom Bull
09-01-2010, 6:33 PM
Got my new X5 and it has a bunch of recent files available, so thanks to all who chimed in, and man this X5 seems great!

Mike Null
09-10-2010, 7:54 AM
Just installed X5 and it has 15 recent files listed.