PDA

View Full Version : Table Saw on mobile base?

Nick Laeder
08-24-2010, 10:29 AM
An old friend of mine went to Romania on a mission trip. I had to grab these pictures from his Facebook page to show here. I think the pictures say it all.

Chris Padilla
08-24-2010, 10:56 AM
OSHA is having a heart attack right about now....

Ryan Hellmer
08-24-2010, 11:08 AM
That's amazing! what will they think of next. I remember growing up with the buzz saw on the front of the tractor, cutting firewood on that rickety pivoting table. This seems at least as safe...

Ryan

Joe Leigh
08-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Where's the riving knife?

Van Huskey
08-24-2010, 3:35 PM

I bet it has a foot operated brake system though.

Glen Blanchard
08-24-2010, 4:25 PM

LOL !!! Perhaps he has a quick disconnect and it is sitting right next to the Wixey angle gauge.

Bill Davis
08-24-2010, 5:32 PM
The new Saws Top (or is it Saw Stop).

Matt Logana
08-24-2010, 5:58 PM
Lol... I must ask what the average lifespan of a Romanian woodworker is? Age 20? 30? I doubt beyond there...

Your right though... if OSHA ever saw that.. the founder would turn over in his grave...

Ken Fitzgerald
08-24-2010, 6:01 PM
Nick,

I have a friend and former coworker who has been in Romania for over 10 years on a mission.

Ask your friend to take pictures of the locals "drilling" a water well.

Harold Burrell
08-24-2010, 7:17 PM
I want one.

Ray Newman
08-24-2010, 9:14 PM
This thread and Ryan Hellmer’s post brought back some memories. My parental grandfather had a ‘36 Chevrolet(?) chassis that had a sliding table on it and was horse drawn into the woods. “Wood bees” were held in the fall to cut firewood for the NY winters. A dozen or so men would cut, split, and stack a good deal of wood in a few days, then move onto the next man ‘s woodlot and cut wood for him. I never saw it operate, but it scared the be-g-zus out of me.

My maternal grandfather had a saw mill the was comprised of a very large electric motor --AKA the Dynamo -- which was secured to an old horse drawn wagon tongue. The belt was put on the pulley and through he opened door and onto the shaft of the blade. Belt tension was adjusted by raising and lowering the wagon tongue via ceiling-mounted block and tackle. You placed the log of the table, secured it with two dogs/hooks, then lifted up on the table, which pivoted it into the blade. :eek:

Some times I wonder how my brother and I along with our father, cousins, uncles, and grandfathers kept all of our appendages….

rick carpenter
08-27-2010, 1:35 PM
Was that carry-on or did he have to check it?