PDA

View Full Version : Help Please with 1-Touch Laser Photo - Boarder Around Print - Why?

Peter Zacarelli
08-23-2010, 6:05 PM
Did anyone else using the ULS 1-Touch Photo software noticed that when you print from it directly to your USL laser the the print will have a 0.248" inch boarder around it.

So if you are printing a 5" X 7" photo say on marble then you would overprint the actual piece of marble 0.248 " in each direction leaving the upper and left side with no print and overprint the lower and right side.

I can overcome the Y by relocating in the Relocate View to 0.000 but the X direction on the ULS UCP will not go less then 0.248".

This is very strange. Keep in mind that if I print from Corel or Photoshop I do not have this problem but print from the 1-Thouch Photo software and the problem occurs.

If I save the photo in 1-Touch instead of printing it and then open the saved photo in Corel and print it the photo does not have the boarder and it prints fine.

Just was wondering if anyone had this problem and if anyone maybe had a fix for it.

Thanks,

Peter

Scott Shepherd
08-23-2010, 6:15 PM
Never seen that. What version of it are you using? There is a new version out, and before troubleshooting, I'd make sure you are on the latest version.

Peter Zacarelli
08-23-2010, 8:52 PM
Scott,

I am using 1-Touch Photo Version 3.20.7.

I just tried again this time using wood as the material, I go print, then look on m VLS3.50 Control Panel 5.28.52.2 in the "Relocate View" and I see X: 0.102" and Y: 0.102".

I called Universal and they said set the X and Y to 0.000" but only the Y will set to 0.000, the lowest value the X will set to is 0.092".

Is there something I am doing wrong? Maybe my machines is messed up? It's brand new however I am not a newbie as I has an MINI for 4 years.

Again if I print from Corel the boarders are set to 0.010-x/0.010-Y however I able to set they both to 0.000" in the 'Relocate View", do you know why the locate is never 0.000 in the first place?
Universal said to protect the rulers but I don't believe that.

Thanks

Eric Seest
08-23-2010, 9:03 PM
Peter,
That is the version I am using and I believe that it is the latest one available. I have never had that problem with 1-Touch, I have had no problems what so ever with the program. Very seldom do I ever print directly from 1-touch due to needing to center it to my project. This would be a good problem taken to tech support to get this resolved.

Peter Zacarelli
08-23-2010, 9:19 PM
Eric,
What about the "Relocation View"? Why is no matter what I print to the laser the image is offset and I have to go into relocation view and set the X and Y to 0.000". Is this normal or is something flakey with my setup?

Thanks

Kevin Baker
08-24-2010, 5:35 AM
I have 3.19.6.. how do you get the upgrade?

Thanks,
Kevin

Scott Shepherd
08-24-2010, 8:35 AM
Kevin, contact ULS tech support for the latest, which includes several more material choices.

Peter, I took a known 5" x 7" photo, ran it through, and it came into the driver as 5" x 7", located in the center of course. I selected the top left handle on the graphic, using the relocate tool, and I can get the Y to 0, but the X won't go past .092". So I'm seeing the same problem you are on locating in the X.

I didn't see any .248" border added at all. My graphic coming out of Photoshop was 5" x 7" and in 1-Touch, it said 5" x 7", and in the driver, it's 4.990" x 6.990". Not sure why it dropped .010" off, but it did.

Looks like a bug to me. I'd email it to ULS as a bug report and see if they will address it.

Mike Ireland
08-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Does the picture you are running through 1 Touch have a border? When you print directly, the photo will automatically center to your page. If you have to relocate, try using one of the other 'handles' or the red dot pointer.

Peter Zacarelli
08-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Scott, yea it looks like a bug to me, so I take my 1-Touch Photo and save it as a file and then I get no boarders and print it from another program such as Corel.

Peter Zacarelli
08-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Does the picture you are running through 1 Touch have a border? When you print directly, the photo will automatically center to your page. If you have to relocate, try using one of the other 'handles' or the red dot pointer.
Mike, the photos have not boarders to begin with, seems like 1-Touch adds this boarder around the photo when you print it to the laser.
On my "Relocation View" when you try to drag the handle (top,left) you cannot however if you type in 0.000" and hit enter will will relocate except the X' will only go down to 0.094" not 0.000, really strange.

What I have been noticing is all of my printer come out on the laser with some offset, however I can relocate them to X: 0.000" & Y: 0.000" but not prints from 1-Touch.

Mike do you know of a way to make the X & Y default to 0.000 all the time?

Thanks

Mike Ireland
08-24-2010, 12:11 PM
You'll have to print the image from the Manual Control Settings. Select the 'Engraving Field' tab and deselect the Center Image box. You can start in the Materials Database and select your material and then go to Manual Control, make the changes and print from there.

Peter Zacarelli
08-24-2010, 10:34 PM
You'll have to print the image from the Manual Control Settings. Select the 'Engraving Field' tab and deselect the Center Image box. You can start in the Materials Database and select your material and then go to Manual Control, make the changes and print from there.
Mike,
I have the "center" unchecked as well as the "1-touch photo" unchecked and I still get a small boarder around the photo (usually a small 0.010") time, however unlike using the print from the 1-Thouch-Photo software I am able to relocate the image to 0.000 for both the X and Y.

Do you thing that maybe I don't have the image exactly aligned in Corel?

Thanks

Mike Ireland
08-25-2010, 11:57 AM
I've never seen a border around a photo. Any chance you could send me a screen shot?

Peter Zacarelli
08-25-2010, 2:31 PM
I've never seen a border around a photo. Any chance you could send me a screen shot?
Mike,
Here are two Relocation View Screens:

Peter Zacarelli
08-25-2010, 2:35 PM

Here is the Basic View:

Peter Zacarelli
08-25-2010, 11:10 PM
I have 3.19.6.. how do you get the upgrade?

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin,
Just contact the ULS Support and ask them how you can upgrade your 1-Touch Photo software.

They will send you an email with instructions.