PDA

View Full Version : Burly Olive bowl platter Edit- with picts

alex carey
08-23-2010, 4:44 AM
Haven't posted anything new in a while, I'm doing well just living up summer while it lasts, 1 more week until school starts. Here is an olive platter I finished today. Pictures aren't great I apologize. At its widest its about 15" and its about an 1" thick.

Comment and Critiques welcome.

John Keeton
08-23-2010, 7:19 AM
Alex, you must have forgotten to upload the pic - sounds neat, and I am looking forward to seeing what you have done.

Aaron Wingert
08-23-2010, 8:55 AM
It looks great in my imagination Alex. :rolleyes:

EDIT................Now that the pics are there it looks even better than I imagined. Bet that was a challenge to turn!

Michael James
08-23-2010, 9:54 AM
Alex,
Yes, we think pictures are great! Post a couple plz.
mj

patrick michael stein
08-23-2010, 7:17 PM
Alex.very nice I like the raised rim around the depression.I find the groved circles a nice touch.could this be used as a wall mounted piece?

patrick

David E Keller
08-23-2010, 7:54 PM
Nicely done, Alex. The wood is gorgeous, and the details are very nice.

alex carey
08-23-2010, 8:16 PM
Patrick it could very easily be mounted to a wall and i still might do that, as of now it sits upon my dresser collecting knick knacks.

The only hesitation I have for mounting it is the thickness, ive made several wall hangings and I generally like them to be on the thinner side.

Van Huskey
08-24-2010, 3:55 PM
That is a very cool use of a nice piece of wood.

Leo Van Der Loo
08-24-2010, 7:27 PM
He Alex good for you to drop in and show you are still turning :) :cool:
I looked at your post yesterday and was disappointed with the pictures missing, glad you did add them, Nice piece of wood, certainly would be nice if it grew here, you did a nice job on it, thanks for posting :D
Hope school will be a success as well, have fun and take care :)