PDA

View Full Version : Gun Display Box

Michael Short
08-22-2010, 4:18 PM
I made this handgun display case for my best friend’s Baby Browning .25 Auto and Browning knife. The case is made of walnut with brass hinges and latches. The case is 12” in length, 8” in width and 2.75” tall. Thanks for looking.

Mike

Jack Camillo
08-22-2010, 4:29 PM
Marvelous job. I especially like the appearance of the exterior. Thanks for posting.
ps: where did you get the latches? Did they present any challenges in putting them on? Are the pistol and knife secured in the box somehow? thanks

Michael Short
08-22-2010, 6:56 PM
Jack,

The latches are from Woodcraft. They are the pin and latch type. I put a small dot of ca glue to hold them in place to put the screws into them.

The gun and knife are both setting in a sunken in image each and this holds them in place. It is hard to see that from the pictures. The knife is really tight fit. The gun is sunken about 1/2". I plan to put a piece of foam in the box to help it stay in place while the box is not open.

Thanks,
Mike

Bryan Morgan
08-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Nice case! Odd gun to display though...:)

Van Huskey
08-23-2010, 12:38 AM
Very nice!

John Thompson
08-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Very nice Michael.. you might suggest to your freind to keep the .25 on display and get a .45 Auto to greet the real world on the street. haha

Andrew Gibson
08-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Great looking display!

I really like the combo of knife and gun... as for the .25 its all about shot placement... dosen't matter what your throwing if you don't hit your target.

See what I did? I started a caliber war. :)