PDA

View Full Version : My trip to Bellingham to pick up my G1023RL

Cary Falk
08-20-2010, 7:53 PM
It must have multiplied in the trailer.:D More to come. I must get them to my side of the garage before the wife runs over them.:eek:
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/caryincamas/DSC_0201.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/caryincamas/DSC_0202.jpg

David Christopher
08-20-2010, 8:54 PM
WOW, that looks like a good haul....but I would leave them in the trailor for a few more days to see if they would multiply some more...LOL

Paul McGaha
08-20-2010, 9:59 PM
Congratulations Cary.

It's a thrill to get a new tool isn't it?

PHM

Jeff Monson
08-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Thats a whole lotta boxes for a tablesaw.

Jim O'Dell
08-20-2010, 11:01 PM
I think they messed up when pulling the extension table and fence boxes and gave you some more saws!!! :p Look forward to seeing them up and running and a write up!!! Jim.

Mike Heidrick
08-20-2010, 11:12 PM
I think some more green fell to the house of green. What are the goodies?

Van Huskey
08-21-2010, 2:01 AM
Your evil... give it up what else you got?

Cary Falk
08-21-2010, 9:48 AM
It was a long day yesterday. I left at 5am to head up to Bellingham. I got up there at 9:30. I was back at 3:30. All of the tools wer safely on my side of the garage by 11pm(I had a few interruptions in between. So, on the list is a G01023RL still in the box, a G1071 spindle sander, a G1026 3hp shaper, the G0453Z spiral head planer. I found out the mobile base that I made for the shaper is too small. I thought I used the size on the website so I am kinda disappointed about that. I will have to redo it when I work on the one for the table saw. Off to the garage I go.
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/caryincamas/DSC_0203.jpg

Van Huskey
08-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Great haul!!!

The shaper price is very tempting!

David Helm
08-21-2010, 10:22 AM
I thought that looked like more boxes than I got for my table saw. You really went hogwild there. I guess if you drive all the way to Bellingham from Camas you should make it a big deal. How long do you think it will take to get everything installed?

Cary Falk
08-21-2010, 11:19 AM
I thought that looked like more boxes than I got for my table saw. You really went hogwild there. I guess if you drive all the way to Bellingham from Camas you should make it a big deal. How long do you think it will take to get everything installed?

I am shifting the rails on the table saw to put a Jessem mast r slide on the left. I need to establish how far out the rail will stick to create the mobile base. I am hoping to put a big dent in the base today. I am out all day tomorrow. I have 3 days of work next week then off for about a week and a half so I can play. I need to redo the shaper base and fix the sander base to remove some of the flex. I hope to get everything done on my vacation.

Yes, I kinda went hog wild. I have been wanting the planer for about 2 years. I The spindle sander for about a year. Flustration with dust on my current saw left me wanting something else. The riving knife helped also. I sold my current saw for almost as much as the 1023 cost. I sold some other tools and a lot of horse tack. I had enough to get the shaper. I was looking ate upgrading my home made router table then just decided to go all the way with a shaper. I figured I would eventually do it and the price is pretty good on it right now.If it was just 2 tools I would have hde them shipped. I figured I saved about $300 and no shipping damage!!

Cary Falk
08-21-2010, 11:21 AM
WOW, that looks like a good haul....but I would leave them in the trailor for a few more days to see if they would multiply some more...LOL

That was tempting but the trailer was running out of room and the urge to play with the toys was too great.

Van Huskey
08-21-2010, 11:42 AM

Great idea, in fact he should have put a mortiser and jointer in with them shut the door and later he may have had a litter of Felder CF 741 combo machines....:D If I did it I would end up with a Ryobi router, Jet 8" J/P, a Craftsman circular saw and a Harbor Freight mortiser all stuck together with JB Weld... :(

Bill White
08-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Great idea, in fact he should have put a mortiser and jointer in with them shut the door and later he may have had a litter of Felder CF 741 combo machines....:D If I did it I would end up with a Ryobi router, Jet 8" J/P, a Craftsman circular saw and a Harbor Freight mortiser all stuck together with JB Weld... :(

Van, have you been out in my shop again? How'd ya know about the JB Weld?
Bill :D

Paul Greathouse
08-21-2010, 1:53 PM
Well Cary, you have brought a new meaning to the phrase "Going Green". Great haul, and I do belive this qualifies for the proverbial "YOU SUCK".:D Can't believe I'm the first one to think of that.

Enjoy the tools and let us all know how the new 1023 performs. Alot of us are waiting for some reviews on them.

Jacob Mac
08-21-2010, 2:00 PM
Nice haul. I tend to lose all reason when I visit the Grizzly show room in Springfield. I am interested to see what your impressions are of the sander.

mreza Salav
08-21-2010, 2:26 PM
Congrats`! that`s one nice collection of tools.

Cary Falk
08-23-2010, 11:38 AM
So everybody is probably wondering if my table is flat. Well it is. I have a 3ft straight edge from Lee Valley and the few spots that I can see light I can't even get a piece of paper under. My caliper says the paper is about .003". I aligned the blade to the slot. It was probably spot on but I forgot to tighten the blade and then loosened the table. After getting it within .001" at 90 it is also less than .001" at 45. I am very pleased and I will give my full review next week. I am really digging those big handwheels.:D Back to you regularly scheduled programming.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Congratulations Cary! I am envious!

keith micinski
08-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Dammit Cary, I guess I am the only one unlucky enough to get a saw they didn't spend enough time on at the factory. I still have wings to shim up. Oh well I am glad that your saw came out good, it makes me feel better about Grizzly products overall.

David Helm
08-23-2010, 2:39 PM
Dammit Cary, I guess I am the only one unlucky enough to get a saw they didn't spend enough time on at the factory. I still have wings to shim up. Oh well I am glad that your saw came out good, it makes me feel better about Grizzly products overall.

I guess that's what happens when you waltz in and get a saw before the people who ordered them months ago. Just kidding of course. Sorry you had so many difficulties, but also glad that each additional person who buys is not having the difficulties.

keith micinski
08-23-2010, 2:56 PM
I figured someone would say that. I guess I would rather have a saw that needed a little tuning then wait 8 months.

Chris Padilla
08-23-2010, 3:45 PM
Congratulations Cary! I am envious!

Green, Ken? Green with envy??

Cary Falk
08-29-2010, 8:58 PM
I ran out of boxes so that must mean I am done. Here are the remaining 3.
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/caryincamas/DSC_0208.jpg

Clint Olver
08-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! I am J-E-A-L-O-U-S!
I've had my eye on the shaper and spindle sander, but haven't the space really in my current shop. Very nice!..... I need more room:(.

C