PDA

View Full Version : Corel draw obect that gets stuck.

Michael Simpson Virgina
08-20-2010, 2:49 AM
I have a corel object. it is a free hand polygon shape I created. When I go to cut the laser just sits for about 4 seconds in a couple spots. Its the drawing as it does it no matter what the orientation of the object and in the same spots on the object.

The points on the polygon look normal. Has anyone had this happen?

paul mott
08-20-2010, 3:33 AM
Hi Michael,

I would be interested in seeing the .cdr file or something similar which exhibits this effect.

Paul.

Frank Corker
08-20-2010, 8:56 AM
Michael, click on the line that it sticks on and zoom to maximum, you will find that you probably have a couple of nodes right on top of one another and going off in a different direction. Only way you will spot them is to use the node tool under the arrow on the left side of corel window.

Joe Pelonio
08-20-2010, 4:33 PM
Frank's right, or else it could be nodes not joined together.

Michael Simpson Virgina
08-20-2010, 9:26 PM
I zoomed in and the nodes look perfect. No extra and none broken.

It was a poly line that I created to trace a bit map. Simply click then next point then next.

What I did to fix the object was to thicken the line then convert the object to bitmap then trace the center line to convert it back to an object.

This fixed the problem and it cuts perfectly.

Personaly I think it was a bug in corel draw X5

John Noell
08-20-2010, 10:54 PM
I have seen something similar in X4. Re-sending (even re-opening and re-sending) the same file to the laser did not help, it still stalled at two points, but cutting and pasting the drawing into a new doc did. ????