PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Nicol Steady

Bernie Weishapl
08-19-2010, 6:05 PM
Well I got my steady that I ordered from Jeff Nicol. I also got the movable arm. I also got a couple of his bits to try out when hollowing. The steady is as good as they come. Really well built and the hold is solid.

I told the wife I have to quit traveling so I can get something done because as fast as this year has gone already Christmas will be here and I won't have a thing done. But as long as the grandkids are 4 hrs away now instead of 23 hrs away I don't think grandpa stand a prayers chance in well you know where.:mad:

David E Keller
08-19-2010, 6:55 PM
That looks great, Bernie. You're gonna love it! I'd love to know your impressions of the drill bit hollowers... I'm thinking about rigging one up to the monster.

Christopher K. Hartley
08-19-2010, 7:01 PM
Cool Bernie, this one looks really heavy duty. I know you'll love it I do mine.:)

David DeCristoforo
08-19-2010, 7:06 PM
Just make sure you keep your head out of that thing....

Pete Jordan
08-19-2010, 7:13 PM
Congrats Bernie!

I hope to order one some day.......

Thom Sturgill
08-19-2010, 7:27 PM
Congrats Bernie. I know I love mine. I was a little concerned at first as the base plate wasn't flat, but it's rock solid once you tighten the screws down. I got 4 fixed and one moveable bracket with mine.

Ted Calver
08-19-2010, 7:38 PM
I think you will be happy. Mine has performed well. I'd like to try the bits. Let us know how they do please.

Tony De Masi
08-19-2010, 8:12 PM
Nice Bernie. Now time to get to work.

Tony

Bernie Weishapl
08-19-2010, 9:49 PM
Thanks again. Yep time to get to work. Thom this one has the 4 permenant and one moveable one. We will see how she goes.

Leo Van Der Loo
08-19-2010, 11:29 PM
Looks like a nice sturdy piece of equipment Bernie, that should help you in your turning endeavor, and yes back to work while you can, I know about the traveling to see the kids and grandkids, wouldn't want to miss it for the world though :-)))

gary Zimmel
08-19-2010, 11:51 PM
Congrats on the new steady Bernie. That being said does the vortex ever stop...

Bernie Weishapl
08-20-2010, 12:06 AM
Thanks again. Leo you are absolutely right. We missed a lot of our grandsons early years and so lots of time to make up especially if you ask grandma. Of course I wouldn't miss any time I get to spend with the kids.