PDA

View Full Version : Plywood/Composites Supplier in SE Pennsylvania

John Motzi
12-11-2004, 7:52 AM
I am looking for a recommendation a supplier for plywood & other sheet stock (such as 1/4" MDF) that I cannot get a the local HD, etc. I am located in Chester County, PA. A supplier who makes residential deliveries would be a bonus but not a requirement. I could use Boulter in MA but I am afraid that the shipping charges would be excessive compared to the cost of the order.

Thanks!

John Motzi

Jim Becker
12-11-2004, 8:58 AM
Fresden Hall (or something like that) is the primarily supplier in the Philadelphia Area. You might also talk to local cabinet shops about where they buy or even make arrangments with them to piggy back on their orders. Try Woodfinder.com, too.

Mike Linne
12-11-2004, 8:58 AM
Atlantic Plywood Corp
(215) 538-3774
195 Kelly Rd
Quakertown, PA 18951

Russell Plywood in Reading

Bill Grumbine
12-11-2004, 6:22 PM
Hi John

Just to update Mike's info a bit, Atlantic Plywood in Quakertown has gone through a couple of name changes, and is currently owned by C.H. Briggs. They have just about any kind of plywood you can imagine, and some maybe you can't. I even bought some lauan from them at $1.00 less per sheet than Home Depot, and better quality! The warehouse is just off of Rt 309, a little bit north of downtown Quakertown, a.k.a. Trainer's Corner where 309 is intersected by routes 313 and 663. They are good people to deal with, but company policy requires that you either call ahead or pay a premium for walking in. If you order enough at one time, they will deliver.

Bill

John Renzetti
12-11-2004, 8:01 PM
Hi Jim, I deal with Russell Plywood in New Castle DE. They also have a distribution center in Reading. I've set up a house account or cash and carry with them. Just fax what I what and then pick it up. Some of these suppliers are pickier than others in order to buy from them. You need to know what you want and how much. Russell's catalog has about 2 pages on oak veneer alone.
If you want some more info on ordering from RP let me know.
take care,
John