PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Freight Shop Crane - Nice

Larry Frank
08-18-2010, 8:56 PM
I recently purchased the Harbor Freight 2 Ton foldable shop crane. I do not know exactly what I expected but as others have commented this is a nice tool for picking up heavy items. It works smoothly and is able to lower items gently. It also rolls very easy. I used it to help get a new cabinet saw up on a rolling stand by myself using some nylon slings. I added a 5 inch wooden stand to go under the saw and in the rolling stand to bring it up to a comfortable height for me.

All of the parts were there and it went together easily. I was most impressed with the instructions as they were clearly written and in understandable english. I have had some instructions that are clearly written by a non english speaking person and are difficult to understand.

Keith Outten
08-20-2010, 7:38 AM
Larry,

I purchased the same shop crane from HF and I found the quality the same as you did. My need was to lift a new welder onto a trailer, at the time my little tractor was unable to handle the weight so the shop crane was perfect for the job.

Now the problem is that I don't have a regular use for the crane and it takes up valuable space.

Jerome Hanby
08-20-2010, 12:19 PM
I borrowed my Dad's shop crane for my current move and I'd have to list it as one of the HF gems. I put all my shop gear on wheels that wasn't already mobile (2 RASs and a Jointer) and that thing was a life saver. I don't think Dad had ever "folded" it, but I did to put it on the moving truck, the footprint isn't too bad!

Think I'll use it once more to hoist my Shopsmith so I can replace the casters on it (the wheels are practically worn off of it!) before I return it. Think I'll grab one for myself next time that have a good sale on them!