PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket splitter for Griz 1023?

Cliff Newton
12-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Who makes a good splitter for the Grizzly that just drops in? I like to Bis splitter, but they don't make one for Grizzly. Any others?

Tony Sade
12-10-2004, 11:27 PM
I have a Beis splitter on my 1023SL. Fits fine. I think it's the Model 78-431 made for the Delta Unisaw Left Tilt, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Todd Franks
12-10-2004, 11:36 PM
Biesemeyer cross references the right tilt Griz but not the left tilt. I sent them an email and they replied that the left tilt Delta works on a left tilt Griz. I now have one installed on my 1023SL and it works great. The part number is 78-431. The right tilt version is 78-961.

-Todd

Mike Linne
12-11-2004, 9:08 AM
Don can help with part numbers and installation questions for Biesemeyer products. For the right tilt 1023 the Bies drop in splitter (has the pull knob) works and also the Delta splitter with the knurled screw knob fits. I went the delta route and am pleased. Cost was only $29.00 while I think the Bies is around $120.

Don's contact info: 1-800-782-1831 ext 117; email: don@biesemeyer.com

Cliff Newton
12-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Mike,
While researching last night I found the Delta splitter on the net.
Is the knurled screw easy to work with? How long does it take you to put on and remove the splitter?

Don can help with part numbers and installation questions for Biesemeyer products. For the right tilt 1023 the Bies drop in splitter (has the pull knob) works and also the Delta splitter with the knurled screw knob fits. I went the delta route and am pleased. Cost was only $29.00 while I think the Bies is around $120.

Don's contact info: 1-800-782-1831 ext 117; email: don@biesemeyer.com

Dennis Peacock
12-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Get the splitter from MicroJig. Great splitter and it will NOT bust the bank. :D

Steve Clardy
12-11-2004, 6:10 PM
Get the splitter from MicroJig. Great splitter and it will NOT bust the bank. :D
Right on. Mine is fantastic.:D

Cliff Newton
12-11-2004, 7:48 PM
I've heard the Microjig splitter is good, but after the last kickback I had, I don't trust anything without anti-kickback pawls.

Mike Linne
12-12-2004, 5:13 AM
Mike,
While researching last night I found the Delta splitter on the net.
Is the knurled screw easy to work with? How long does it take you to put on and remove the splitter?

The Delta part number is 1349941. I ordered direct from Delta, but there appear to be other sources also (www.sawcenter.com for one). The splitter is/was originally part of the Unigard blade guard package, but Delta does sell the item separately. Putting the splitter in or out takes about 15 seconds. This is probably a little longer than the Bies, but since the install/remove is usually associated with a blade change, for me the extra few seconds don't make a difference. I've had the splitter installed for 2 years and find it a vast improvement over the stock splitter/guard - in other words I use the thing. One item to note - if you go this way, you should evaluate the need for a separate blade guard. I ended up buying an overhead guard as much for dust control as saw safety.