PDA

View Full Version : HELP G0454Z owners!

Robert foster
08-18-2010, 7:36 PM
Fellow Creekers:
I took your advice and got the G0454Z. I just put it together and I have a problem. When I run the wood through I get crosswise indentations that appear to be from the input and output feed rollers. What do you think? I will call customer support tomorrow to see what they have to say. I will also post pictures of my Gloat shortly but right now I want to get it planing properly.
What a big machine!!!
Bob

glenn bradley
08-18-2010, 8:23 PM
I have the 15" version G0453Z. After correct adjustment I only get feed roller lines if I run a piece through twice without adjusting the depth. Right out of the box I would have to adjust a little more than half a rotation of the wheel which is about 1/32". I was also getting some snipe on the right side of the machine.

The table rollers were a fat .002" proud of the table with a fat .003" on the right. I leveled them front and rear to .002" all the way across. I would still get a slight shadow of snipe on the infeed and outfeed side of the path. I adjusted down to .001" all the way across, front and rear and the snipe disappeared and I can now adjust the table about 1/4 turn of the wheel (a fat 1/64") and not get the feed roller marks.

The correct height of the feed rollers will vary with the type of material you run and what you are doing to it. Don't be afraid to adjust them for the best result. The set screw and eccentric roller make it real easy to get things right on.

My thread: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=145588

I realize I didn't post my cheap version of the Rotocator. In this pic I am checking the inserts. I just 180 the dial indicator to do the rollers:

The only thing I am still fussing with is the DC. I used my 1HP modified bag unit on my lunchbox planer but, I do believe I am going to have to plumb this guy into the cyclone to avoid chips getting pressed into the surface at the outfeed roller.

Robert foster
08-18-2010, 9:49 PM
I'll have more to report later