PDA

View Full Version : We must be geeks....

Donnie Raines
12-10-2004, 7:56 PM
....because there sure is a lot of us here at the Creek on a Friday night.....

...just happy I am not the only one..... :D :D

Gale Castner
12-10-2004, 8:17 PM
I agree, I must be a geek....but since I'm here on a Friday nite, how bout some advice. I'm seriously looking (and this time I mean it) to buy a 15" planer. I'm leaning toward Delta but still have a pretty open mind (of course its open, its empty). Would appreciate any suggestions/thoughts/comments about the Delta hardware or other brands. Also, I've never heard of International Tools (Fla.), buddy of a buddy suggested their great, ever heard of them or dealt with em?

Donnie Raines
12-10-2004, 8:27 PM
Can't say that I have heard of International Tool.....

Th grizzley 15 inch planer is a really good unit at fair price. They have a few diffrent models. The top notch unit has the enclosed base with the motor inside the cabinet. I had this unit for a while and was very much impressed with it.

Delta now offers a "lower end" 15 inchs planer that sells at or around 700 bucks. Have not heard much about it...

Gale Castner
12-10-2004, 8:32 PM
Thanks, was the grizzly you had 2 or 3 HP?

John Weber
12-10-2004, 8:34 PM
Gale,

Nothing wrong with the 15" Delta planer, it is a fine machine. Also I've purchased tools from International Tool for years and find them to be a fine outstanding company. I don't think you will have any problems with the tool or dealer.

John

P.S. It's either play on the PC or watch Wiggles Christmas... again...

Donnie Raines
12-10-2004, 8:36 PM
it was the 3 HP

Mark Stutz
12-10-2004, 8:45 PM
Donnie,
LOL! There are plenty out there that would consider us geeks, just because we're here, let alone because it's Fri. nite! :D This may be why so many of us seem to have such supportive spouses...keeps us home and out of trouble! :D :eek:

Mark

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-11-2004, 1:31 AM
Sorry I'm late to Woodworking Geekdom, but I was spending three hours with Vince Gill, Amy Grant, and Henry Cho. Fantactic concert. If they are coming to your area on their Christmas tour, it is well worth the money, even though it cost me not a farthing!

Bruce

Dan Mages
12-11-2004, 7:29 AM
Yep. I am one of Fred Blassie's "Pencil Neck Geeks."

Dan

Jim Becker
12-11-2004, 9:09 AM
Also, I've never heard of International Tools (Fla.), buddy of a buddy suggested their great, ever heard of them or dealt with em?Good outfit in Davey FL. I've visited their store while traveling in the area (SIL lives right around the corner) and even bought my mortiser from them. (And they shipped it home free for me at the time)

But as I mentioned in the General forum, you have an excellent tool supplier right around the corner from you in York...Wilke Machinery...as well as Woodcraft in Downingtown.

As to the geek thing...yea, but I missed this thread last night as I was trying to find my "Sleep Number"... :D ...but Dr. SWMBO flew off to India last night so I we engrosed in a good book.

Rich Konopka
12-11-2004, 9:51 AM
Did someone say GEEK PARTY? I missed it. I was sleeping off the other party. I was at a Geek Party all week at a conference with 26,000 other geeks. :D Glad to be home.

Jetlagged and partied out.

Scott Parks
12-11-2004, 1:50 PM
Sorry I missed the party last night. Started out geeking over at Yahoo Poker until some freinds showed up to play real poker....