PDA

View Full Version : The getting of WISDOM

Peter Hay in Aus
08-17-2010, 8:14 PM
I dont remember if I shared this pen with you. As an old fella the Australian Govt provides some Dental care every two years or so, last time they gave us the option of a chit to use with four chosen Private Dentists choosing only one. We selected the first one on the list and he turned up a winner. During treatment he advised of an extra gratia system for ailing old fellas from the Govt of up to 4 grand for additional treatment which we both obtained. I have veneers on my teeth smile whitely for the first time.

So I got some Tasmanian Tiger Myrtle and White Corian, googled Wisdom teeth found out the shape. Using a hand held Dremel in one hand and a piece of white Corian in the other I carved a Wisdom tooth with some detail in the crown. Eyeballing the top of the pen using the Dremel I cut out the shape of the tooth and inset the tooth hanging out at the top to show my detail in the crown.

Gave it to the Dentist who framed it together with two poems I got from the net. One called teeth from Pam Ayers an English Commedienne and one called Teeth by the famous Englishman Spike Milligan.
Hope you like it. Peter.

The pen kit is made in Taiwan for Timberbits.com depicting raised Aussie animals on the centre band.

Roger Chandler
08-17-2010, 8:50 PM
Way cool!!!:cool:

bob svoboda
08-18-2010, 9:37 AM
Fantastic pen and a great story to go along with it. Nicely done friend.
Bob

Bernie Weishapl
08-18-2010, 11:59 AM
That is a beauty and great story.

James Combs
08-18-2010, 10:25 PM
A good story always makes the pen or any turning/item more interesting. Nicely done.