PDA

View Full Version : Finally decided on a Grizzly TS

Bob Worrel Jr.
12-10-2004, 7:39 PM
Yea...Finally. As I posted a couple of weeks ago, I tried to order a G1023SLX, but they had to put it on back order till almost February. So, I started looking around at other...The high end Craftsman, Shop Fox and a couple of others. The wife and I went on vacation last week so I put it on the back burner. Well, almost. When she went shopping one afternoon I gave Grizz a call for an update. They said that it wouldn't be available now till almost March. Ouch. So, out of curiosity I asked if the G1023SL was available. They were out of this one too when I back ordered the G1023SLX. BUT, she said they had the 1023SL in stock now. I ordered that one instead. I also ordered the extension table kit. It doesn't come with the table in the extension like the SLX does, but hey, I can do that. I picked it up at the terminal Monday. It's been on the back of the truck since then. See pics. I hope to have some help tomorrow to lift it off.

I also added electric and 4" PVC pipe for dust collection underground where the TS is going to reside. See pic.
That's it. Sorry for the long post.

Kelly C. Hanna
12-10-2004, 8:07 PM
Good work! You will not be disappointed in the Griz...I love my 1023 S. Kepp us posted on the assembly and how you like it.

Scott Parks
12-11-2004, 3:02 AM
Nice job! Glad I ordered mine last month. I've had it 2 weeks now and love it. Although I have a couple sqwauks to work out....

Norman Hitt
12-11-2004, 3:25 AM
Bob, Congrats on the new saw. I have a channel built in my floor for the DC with a 2 x .. cover, but I have 6" PVC for mine. I do question the performance you may get, using the 4", and Especially with the Ells you are using. Two 45's with a few inches of straight pipe separating them would give less SP resistance, especially since you are using 4" PVC.

Hope it works well.

Bob Worrel Jr.
12-11-2004, 7:09 AM
Bob, I have a channel built in my floor for the DC with a 2 x .. cover, but I have 6" PVC for mine. I do question the performance you may get, using the 4", and Especially with the Ells you are using. Two 45's with a few inches of straight pipe separating them would give less SP resistance, especially since you are using 4" PVC.
Norm
I put the longer sweep elbows on each end. It should be ok, we'll see. :o I'm running 6" on the ceiling and dropping down to the tools with 4".
Thanks for looking.

Dick Parr
12-11-2004, 7:26 AM
Bob I love my 1023SL, it is so easy to set up. The hardest part is cleaning it :mad: Did you order the long rails with it? Unless the changed things mine only came with 36" rails. This was before they had a full extension saw combo. I had to by the extra rails and the table. I now have an extra set of rails setting in the attic collecting dust :(

You will definitely enjoy this saw. Have fun :D

Kent Cori
12-11-2004, 8:50 AM
Bob,

You will definitely fall in love with your SL. I've had mine for two years and am thankful that I bought it every time I use it. Add a Forrest WWII and you will have an unbeatable combo. :D

Bob Worrel Jr.
12-11-2004, 7:07 PM
Bob I love my 1023SL, Did you order the long rails with it? Unless the changed things mine only came with 36" rails. This was before they had a full extension saw combo.
Dick
Yes, I ordered the long rails as well. I'm going to make the table for it myself.