PDA

View Full Version : Door & Drawer Hardware Jigs

Ben Abate
08-17-2010, 9:15 AM
I have a question about what Door & Drawer hardware jigs you fellows are using. I'm not too keen on making my own jigs any longer. I would rather have a manufactured jig that is a good quality product. I would like something that is more exact. I know there are a few different Door & Drawer jigs out there for installing door handles and drawer handles. If I can't think of any of the brand names off the top of my head so I thought I'd post a question to see what you guys prefer....

thank you for your input.
Ben

Horton Brasses
08-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Wouldn't you need a different jig for each piece of hardware? All of my commercial customers make their own to suit their own equipment and specific hardware choices.

Ben Abate
08-17-2010, 12:14 PM
This is one of the commercial one out there. Is anyone using the Infinity unit? http://www.infinitytools.com/True-Position-Drill-Guide/productinfo/TPG-001/

I also found one that Charles G. Schmidt sells. It take two jigs with their system. One for doing cabinet doors and one for the cabinet drawers. Has anyone used this one. I don't know the brand name of it only that Charles G. Schmidt distributes it.

thank you

Sam Layton
08-17-2010, 1:27 PM
Hi Ben,

Google, Summerfeld tools, they have one on sale now for $49.00. I have seen this jig at shows. However, I have never used one, nor am I recommending it. Just another option.

Sam

Richard McComas
08-17-2010, 2:50 PM
Hi Ben,

Google, Summerfeld tools, they have one on sale now for $49.00. I have seen this jig at shows. However, I have never used one, nor am I recommending it. Just another option.

SamI have this jig and it works pretty well.

http://www.sommerfeldtools.com/Easy-Mark-Hardware-Drilling-Jig/productinfo/EZM/

Ben Abate
08-17-2010, 8:31 PM
Sam & Richard,

thanks for the option of the Sommerfield. I'll look into it a bit better. I briefly looked at it on the site that Richard recommended. I'll see if there is a video or better details on it tomorrow.

I appreciate the help.

Ben