PDA

View Full Version : More Mail

Roger Bingham
12-10-2004, 4:35 PM
Greetings Mr. Bingham,

I just wanted to let you know that I am the recipient of your kind donation to the freedom pens project. I am currently deployed to USNAVCENTCOM/US FIFTH FLEET in the Kingdom of Bahrain just off of Saudi Arabia and about 390 miles south of Iraq. We do all the planning and execution of defense of Iraqi oil infrastructure. We recently thwarted an attempt to destroy Iraq's Main oil distribution points (the only source of economic income to Iraq). The terrorists were defeated in their attempt, however we lost 2 Sailors and a Coast Guardsmen in the process.

It is tough being away from home, but also knowing that we are helping people to make a better life is important. We have a "long row to hoe" but on several trips to Iraq to places you don't hear about in the news like Um Qasar and Bazarah things are truly better and the people know it. So knowing that great Americans like yourself support us is quite comforting. A great BIG "Thank you!" for Your pen, it is greatly appreciated, it sure beats those generic black plastic government pens we usually use. When I write my wife and two boys I have you to thank. Have a great holiday season and God Bless.

Warm Regards

name rmoved, CDR USN

"Jacksonville, FL"