PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations

Brandon Weiss
08-16-2010, 9:03 PM
I'm stuck in Huntsville Alabama for the next two weeks on business. A LONG way from my tools..... Anybody know any good woodworking related places to visit while I'm here?

Charles Lent
08-17-2010, 5:45 PM
No, but the Space and Rocket Center should take your mind off woodworking for a while. Last time I was there they had an SR-71 Blackbird sitting out front.

Charley

Kyle Iwamoto
08-17-2010, 6:53 PM
No, but the Space and Rocket Center should take your mind off woodworking for a while. Last time I was there they had an SR-71 Blackbird sitting out front.

Charley

You beat me to that. Great place to waste some "extra" time..... Little to do with woodworking though.

Kent A Bathurst
08-17-2010, 6:53 PM
Me neither, but..........

If this is something you are interested in..........I could, and have, spent the equivalent of a long weekend at Chickamauga, Missionary Ridge, Lookout Mountain at/near Chattanooga. Significant battle sites in the War Between the States, at a time when things were very much in flux.

Also - for hundreds of miles around Chattanooga, you will see billboards advertising Ruby Falls and Rock City. Makes them seem like tourist-trap things, which I thought for years, but we finally went at the urging of neighbors. Rock City is pretty interesting, but Ruby Falls is fascinating.

Or - take your rod + reel and go get some of them famous Alabama bass.

Carl Carew
08-17-2010, 8:17 PM
I was there some years ago there was a very good minor league baseball stadium in the area If they have a ome game they are usually very good bets not overpriced liek the major leagues and usually a lot of fun

Jack Burgess
08-18-2010, 12:29 AM
No on the woodworking place but be sure to try some of the "Bama Barbarque" white sauce -

Dan Barber1
08-18-2010, 9:22 PM
Brandon:

I live about 45 miles north of Huntsville and worked there for a good part of my career. Unfortunately, except for a couple of Lowes and Home Depots, I don't know of any woodworking stores there. The nearest one is a Woodcraft in Franklin, TN about an hour and a half up I-65, which is itself about 20 to 30 minutes west of Huntsville. But what may be the best Mexican food in the country is there, surprisingly. The restaurant is called Rosies. You won't be disappointed.

Jerome Stanek
08-19-2010, 7:15 AM
You could always take a trip to Atlanta for the IWF