PDA

View Full Version : You know that Binaca is a breath freshener, right?

Mitchell Andrus
08-16-2010, 2:58 PM
You know that Binaca is a breath freshener, right?

David G Baker
08-16-2010, 3:01 PM
The Binaca Blast thread has disappeared, wonder why?

Dan Hintz
08-16-2010, 3:01 PM
Last time I checked... are you telling me I need some?

Mitchell Andrus
08-16-2010, 8:09 PM
Last time I checked... are you telling me I need some?

I'm sending you a little something in the mail.

Tony Joyce
08-16-2010, 9:13 PM
You know that Binaca is a breath freshener, right?

I thought it was a super model!!

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=127641&d=1252624454

John Coloccia
08-16-2010, 9:19 PM
The thread was pulled. I think not everyone knows that Binaca is a breath spray, and the whole point is that it hurt just a little bit, like chewing on a couple of Altoids or swishing Listerine around. I have no idea what direction it went in after I posted it but for the record there's nothing to it but:

1) it was a great breath spray and now it stinks
2) it was some harmless fun in grade school

So no hard feelings, it was just a stupid thread, but I don't want anyone to think I was somehow suggesting some evil act (which is what I'm assuming happened, but again I don't know).

Mitchell Andrus
08-16-2010, 9:48 PM
I was in the middle of posting a reply when it got the boot.

I remember the "Binaca Blast". It was their slogan 'cause like Listerine it was strong enough to made you think twice before using it.

Mentholated mint listerine citrus hydrochloric acid-y flavor on steroids - in a schpritz.

I wonder what would happen if I mentioned the Gold Bond burn. If you don't know about it, I ain't gonna tell you.

Wayne Hendrix
08-16-2010, 11:06 PM
I wonder what would happen if I mentioned the Gold Bond burn. If you don't know about it, I ain't gonna tell you.

And here I thought I was the only one that knew about that. ;)

Karl Card
08-17-2010, 3:16 AM
But did you know that spongebob was not a contraceptive.....lol

Dan Hintz
08-17-2010, 6:51 AM
Well certainly not with his square pants!

Mitchell Andrus
08-17-2010, 8:02 AM
But did you know that spongebob was not a contraceptive.....lol

... but watching the stupid show is.

Sometime the dreck on TV makes me want to stop the human race right in its tracks and give something else it's shot.

Mike Cruz
08-17-2010, 8:29 AM
You guys need to try MonkeyButt. Seriously, that is what it is called. It is a medicated powder. They sell it at Tractor Supply.

Of course, Tractor Supply also sells Chicken Poop...a lip balm. One of the captions on the tube is something like this "Grandpa always said, put some chicken poop on your lips so you stop lickin' 'em".

Dan Hintz
08-17-2010, 9:21 AM
Mitchell,

Try Phineas and Ferb... better than Spongebob, more adult humor laced in. I listen to it in the background while the munchkin watches it... some funny stuff.

Charlie Reals
08-17-2010, 9:49 AM
You guys need to try MonkeyButt. Seriously, that is what it is called. It is a medicated powder. They sell it at Tractor Supply.

Of course, Tractor Supply also sells Chicken Poop...a lip balm. One of the captions on the tube is something like this "Grandpa always said, put some chicken poop on your lips so you stop lickin' 'em".

They sell monkey butt powder at ace hardware. They even have lady monkey butt powder, it is pink. All the granddaughters have received a container as a gift as I have always called the girls "a bunch of monkeys. Great stuff.

John Coloccia
08-17-2010, 11:36 AM
It's back.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=146346

For the record, I'm a member of several message boards, and we probably have the hardest working mods right here at SMC. It must be a lot of work to wade through all of this every day.

Mitchell Andrus
08-17-2010, 11:52 AM

My first trip down to the new house I stopped at TS and there it was...... the perfect Christmas gift. Anti-Monkey Butt Powder. I bought 7 of them.

Mitchell Andrus
08-17-2010, 11:53 AM
I'll give 'm a look. Thanks.

Mitchell Andrus
08-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Like the proverbial Pheonix arisen from the ashes.

We've moved on - to monkey butts and maggots, apparently.

This place has a kind of class all its own, dunnit?

Mike Cruz
08-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Hey, I wade through it...:rolleyes:

Yup, you're right, and I don't envy them for HAVING to do it. I do it cause I WANT to, and no, I don't go through ALL of it.

Belinda Barfield
08-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Speaking of Spongebob . . .

At this moment my SO is eating Spongebob Mac & Cheese. I'm sure he's not happy about it but he hasn't said a word. It's sort of pay back for St. Patrick's Day several years ago. he he he

David G Baker
08-17-2010, 4:27 PM
I am proud to say that I have never watched Sponge Bob. I have tried Anti Monkey Butt and found it to be a great product for what it was made for. Got some Chicken Poop for Christmas and found it to be a poor lip balm. Carmex is so much better.

Belind,
Aren't pay backs great. :D

Chris Padilla
08-17-2010, 6:32 PM
SpongeBob rules...love Phineas and Ferb as well. It is all a state of mind! :)

Mike Cruz
08-17-2010, 6:45 PM
What, no Ren and Stimpy fans? Man, I LOVED that show.

Mitchell Andrus
08-17-2010, 7:07 PM
What, no Ren and Stimpy fans? Man, I LOVED that show.

They were the best. I'd have loved to have been able to sit in on a writer's meeting.

Dan Hintz
08-17-2010, 7:13 PM
Sure, but R&S was not aimed at kids... Phineas and Ferb, Spongebob, etc. are...

Mike Cruz
08-17-2010, 8:34 PM
Meeeetchell, you EEEEEEEEEdiot! :D :D :D

John Coloccia
08-17-2010, 9:08 PM
Like the proverbial Pheonix arisen from the ashes.

We've moved on - to monkey butts and maggots, apparently.

This place has a kind of class all its own, dunnit?

I'm thinking we're a bit closer to Kafka's "Metamorphosis" than a Phoenix. C'est la vie. I had my chance and blew it :rolleyes:

Mike Cruz
08-18-2010, 5:36 AM
Sorry, no hijack intended. Of course, I don't know how long a thread entitled MonkeyButt would have lasted... :D

Mitchell Andrus
08-18-2010, 6:29 AM
Meeeetchell, you EEEEEEEEEdiot! :D :D :D

A favorite catch phrase with both of my sons.

I miss Stimpy.

Mitchell Andrus
08-18-2010, 6:45 AM
I'm thinking we're a bit closer to Kafka's "Metamorphosis" than a Phoenix. C'est la vie. I had my chance and blew it :rolleyes:

Anyone who can invoke Kafka in a thread that includes Binaca, monkey butts and Stimpy gets high marks in my book.

You'll have other chances, I'm sure. Perhaps you could begin a dialog..... Why does Tolstoy counterpose Levin and Kitty's marriage with Anna and Vronsky's relationship?...

...or we could talk about Ren and Stimpy some more.

Belinda Barfield
08-18-2010, 7:33 AM
Anyone who can invoke Kafka in a thread that includes Binaca, monkey butts and Stimpy gets high marks in my book.

You'll have other chances, I'm sure. Perhaps you could begin a dialog..... Why does Tolstoy counterpose Levin and Kitty's marriage with Anna and Vronsky's relationship?...

...or we could talk about Ren and Stimpy some more.

I vote for Ren and Stimpy, or Pinkie and the Brain. Tolstoy makes my head hurt. Oh, on second thought I should probably blame that on the dirty martinis I had last night. Or the MonkeyButt. Does TS sell hangover remedies? Preferably ones that don't taste like sheep dip. Vodka is not my friend. Funny, I have a vague memory of dancing goats . . . Belinda you eeeediot!

Dennis Peacock
08-18-2010, 7:56 AM
Well, you are right...it does take time to go through the threads and moderate as needed. But we also learn a LOT about people and sometimes it's even fun to try and guess just what kind of person they really are. ;) :D

For me? I see no humor in those silly cartoons. Adult content cartoons? Why not leave that junk off the air. It's just a way to trash a young mind. But, to keep in the light of the thread.....I always liked Bugs Bunny and the Roadrunner. :D

Bob Turkovich
08-18-2010, 8:18 AM
Well, you are right...it does take time to go through the threads and moderate as needed. But we also learn a LOT about people and sometimes it's even fun to try and guess just what kind of person they really are. ;) :D

For me? I see no humor in those silly cartoons. Adult content cartoons? Why not leave that junk off the air. It's just a way to trash a young mind. But, to keep in the light of the thread.....I always liked Bugs Bunny and the Roadrunner. :D

Ah, yes! The Plymouth Road Runner - 1968-1980 -490 ft-lbs. of torque and 425hp - fore runner of my first car, a '72 Satellite......oh-oh, that was a different thread. Nothing to see here people - move along...move along...

Beep-beep.

Belinda Barfield
08-18-2010, 8:25 AM

I always rooted for the Elmer Fudd. Okay, y'all help me out here . . . there was a cartoon a number of years ago about three siblings that lived at the WB studio. I loved those guys, two sisters and a brother, lots of slapstick. Seems like one of the sisters was named Dot. Anyone remember the name of the show?

John Coloccia
08-18-2010, 8:32 AM
You're thinking of the Warner Brothers (and the Warner sister). They were part of the Animaniacs series of cartoons who, in keeping with this thread, all happen to have bologna in their slacks.

You just can't make this stuff up, folks.

Belinda Barfield
08-18-2010, 9:12 AM
ding ding ding We have a winna! Thanks John. Just watched the intro on youtube. What a cheery little ditty!

Dan Hintz
08-18-2010, 9:13 AM
Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?

I think so, Brain, but how are we going to get Pippy Longstocking in a burlap bag? NARF!

I watched the Animaniacs every day until they took it off of the air... my best friend of many many years bought me a Yacko keychain...

Belinda Barfield
08-18-2010, 9:30 AM
You people must stop Laughing makes my head ache. Is it too late to say "I swear if this hangover will go away I'll never indulge again."? Prolly so!

Pippy Longstocking . . . (very quiet he he he)

Mike Cruz
08-18-2010, 12:32 PM
This has GOT to be the wackiest thread EVER on this forum. Maybe some odder, but this thing has from breath freshener to monkeybutt to cartoons! :eek:

Mitchell Andrus
08-18-2010, 12:41 PM
This has GOT to be the wackiest thread EVER on this forum. Maybe some odder, but this thing has from breath freshener to monkeybutt to cartoons! :eek:

There was this kid in my in grade school who would eat a worm for a dollar.
In retrospect.... I wonder if he's producing some of those weird reality shows. Prolly a buh-jillionaire by now.

Belinda Barfield
08-18-2010, 2:30 PM
I watched the Animaniacs every day until they took it off of the air... my best friend of many many years bought me a Yacko keychain...

When the shop is slow we experiment in our mad scientist laboratory. Several years ago my SO, the mad scientist, gave me a Beaker Muppet doll. It was pretty funny because Beaker was the side kick of Dr. Bunsen Honeydew. Apparently when I get really wound up I sound like Beaker. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAtBki0PsC0 One of my finer moments. Mitchell, you must watch this. There's a goat reference.

Mike Cruz
08-18-2010, 2:48 PM
Wow, that brought back some memories. The muppets...John Denver, Nobody Knows the Truffles I've Seen, Gladys Night....man I loved that show.

Beaker was one of my favorites. Him and Animal...oh, and the old men, gotta love them.

That show had SO many memorable moments...."Oh, I thought those was peachies"...:D

Dan Hintz
08-18-2010, 2:54 PM
Have to wait until I get home to watch that (no sound at the office), but I can do a mean Kermit imitation (certainly a lot better than the guy they have doing his voice these days). The old men in the balcony were probably the most hilarious of the bunch, but I hold a soft spot in my heart for Beaker and Dr. B, being a mad scientist myself for quite a few years...

Mitchell Andrus
08-18-2010, 3:33 PM
The Muppets Show was appointment TV at my house back in the day. If you missed it you didn't have anything to talk about for the next 7 days.

Celebrities were put on a waiting list and waited their turn to appear.

Great fun.

Mike Cruz
08-18-2010, 3:38 PM
Mitchell, when did you add the Santa hat? Or was it always there...?

Belinda Barfield
08-18-2010, 3:55 PM
Mitchell, when did you add the Santa hat? Or was it always there...?

Did you miss the "already in the Christmas season" thread. It was about a month ago. LOL, I thought he'd be in the mood for Valentine's Day by now.

John Coloccia
08-18-2010, 4:25 PM
Did you miss the "already in the Christmas season" thread. It was about a month ago. LOL, I thought he'd be in the mood for Valentine's Day by now.

The hat's kind of like the control rods in a nuclear reactor. When he takes the hat off, he turns green and furry. He's a mean one, all right...

Mike Cruz
08-18-2010, 4:31 PM
You wouldn't be calling him a Grinch, would ya? :D

Mitchell Andrus
08-18-2010, 4:32 PM
You wouldn't be calling him a Grinch, would ya? :D

Goon, actually. Google images.