PDA

View Full Version : domino questions?

eugene thomas
08-16-2010, 12:14 PM
I was just wondering what is the smallest piece width and thickness wise can use the domino on? I want to make a computer desk with lot of mortis and tennons. the last time made such project was thinking the hole time I was useing my prill press mortis attachment that the domino would of been lot faster and nice to have.

Brice Burrell
08-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Festool has a 4 mm (thick) cutter/tenons, then can be used in 1/2" or maybe even 3/8" material. The 4mm tenons are 17 mm wide (about 5/8").

Paul Johnstone
08-16-2010, 12:56 PM
I was just wondering what is the smallest piece width and thickness wise can use the domino on? I want to make a computer desk with lot of mortis and tennons. the last time made such project was thinking the hole time I was useing my prill press mortis attachment that the domino would of been lot faster and nice to have.

Hi, they recommend using 5 mm dominos for 3/4" plywood and 6 mm dominos for 3/4" hardwood. 10 mm dominos for 8/4 stock.

Jeff Monson
08-16-2010, 2:19 PM
Dominos work great for furniture construction, for a computer desk you would be using alot of 5mm dominos (recemmonded for 3/4 material) the only place I could see needing a smaller (4mm) would be for 1/2" drawer material. Great time saving, highly accurate tool.

Will Overton
08-16-2010, 2:28 PM
I use mostly 6mm, but I don't use a lot of plywood.

The 4mm does come in handy with 1/2" material.