PDA

View Full Version : My New Buddy...

Keith Starosta
08-16-2010, 7:26 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you the newest member of my family. This is Diesel!!

He is a 4 year old English Bulldog that my beautiful wife agreed would be a nice addition to the stable of animals in our house. :D It has always been a dream of mine to own an English bullie. Diesel came along at the perfect time for that to happen! He was living in a very small apartment just outside of Philly, with the ex-girlfriend of his original owner. He was "abandoned" by the owner, and this woman wasn't taking very good care of him. Long story short, word got to me via some of my wife's family that he needed a new home, so I made it happen!! He's a full-blooded, pedigreed, un-nuetered bullie, coming to me WITH papers and family history....at ZERO COST!

My in-laws took physical ownership of him yesterday afternoon. He's already been taking to the vet, gotten his shots updated, nails clipped, etc. The family and I will go up to Allentown this weekend to get him. I'm not sure that I can wait that long!!! :D

- Keith

Glenn Clabo
08-16-2010, 8:28 AM
We live in a very dog friendly part of Boston right now...and these are the funniest dogs to see and be around. SO ugly they are cute. I'm sure you'll enjoy...and good on ya for rescuing him Keith!

Peter Stahl
08-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Congrats Kieth, awsome looking dog. Always liked bulldogs but I don't think I would ever own one.

Will Boulware
08-16-2010, 2:24 PM
Awesome!! Congrats and "good on ya" from one drooly, wrinkly dog owner to another (I have a shelter-found bloodhound). Post more pics when you get him!

Mike Cruz
08-16-2010, 2:51 PM
Great GLOAT!

Good lookin' boy ya got there. Glad you're giving him the home he deserves.

BTW, have you seen the movie Van Wilder? Ronchy movie but there is a dog in it just like your handsome devil...with a very appropriate name...

Tony De Masi
08-16-2010, 2:55 PM
Congrats Keith. I'm sure he will thrive in his new digs.

Tony

Keith Starosta
08-17-2010, 6:26 AM
Great GLOAT!

Good lookin' boy ya got there. Glad you're giving him the home he deserves.

BTW, have you seen the movie Van Wilder? Ronchy movie but there is a dog in it just like your handsome devil...with a very appropriate name...

Mike, I haven't seen that flick...but I will now!!! :D

Jim Mattheiss
08-17-2010, 6:59 PM
There is a female bulldog in the neighborhood where we walk. I go say hi to her every time we walk past. She plays hard to get and them when I move to leave she runs around like a puppy.

I love dogs - other people's dogs!

Lucky Diesel!

Cheers

Jim

Jim Becker
08-18-2010, 9:23 AM
Congrats!!!!

Belinda Barfield
08-18-2010, 9:55 AM
I'm so glad you rescued Diesel. He looks like a real character. Can't wait to see more pics.

bob blakeborough
08-18-2010, 9:55 AM
Now THAT is a gloat! Awesome dog... Congrats!!!

Bruce Page
08-18-2010, 7:53 PM
Congrats Keith! He's a looker!

Mike Heidrick
08-18-2010, 9:51 PM
An english bullie around here set my buddy back $1500. You did good.

Keith Starosta
08-19-2010, 6:50 AM
Thanks for all the positive comments, Folks!! I was so excited about my new pal that my awesome wife convinced me to take a few days off and come up to PA early to be with him. He and I instantly bonded, as he hasn't left my side since I arrived! My three younger kids have fallen in love with him, and have to be reminded that there IS such a thing as TOO MUCH love! :D :rolleyes:

Here are a few more photos I've taken over the last few days. I think I'll keep him around. :D

- Keith