PDA

View Full Version : Jack Clamp Review As Promised

richard poitras
08-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Well I received my Jack Clamps (that I won the other day see old post gloat) and have tried it out. Here are my thoughts:

Very heavily quality built and made in the USA like things used to be.

Owner of the company is a very nice guy with great customer service. (Also order some of the accessories and one other clamp).He set me up with a great package deal by my choice. He never tried to sell me on anything just because I won the free one. Once I gave him my order I received the package within a couple of days.

In my opinion these clamps are the Bessey of the quick grip clamp world. They have little to no head movement unlike most of the quick grip clamps I have seen on the market of today and are easy to use.

They are very versatile and expandable unlike any other clamps that are available that I know of. (Some of the expandability has to do with the accessories but mostly the clamps them self’s).

In looking at the videos on his web site I must say these clamps can do everything as shown in the clips and then some. Not just a gimmick as they kind of appeared to me the first time I saw them. www.jackclamp.com (http://www.jackclamp.com/)

These clamps are a good all around clamp to keep on the job site or on your clamp rack. The price is on the top end of the scale much like Festool tools but I personal think they are worth it. I am glad I won one which gave me the excuse to get it in my hands. I just wish I had purchased a set about a year ago when I first saw them on the market.

Also the owner stated he stands by his product 100%. If you’re not satisfied or something goes wrong with it (life of the tool) he will take care of it and make it right. You don’t see many companies these days that offer that kind of a guarantee.

Richard

I have no affiliation with this company or products just a happy owner .

Will Overton
08-16-2010, 7:36 AM
I might be missing something, but on the site it says 33" spreading capacity. With a single clamp, what it the maximum clamping capacity? It doesn't look like they come in different sizes.

Van Huskey
08-16-2010, 8:09 PM
Interesting clamps, kudos on the win and thanks for the review.

richard poitras
08-16-2010, 10:13 PM
I might be missing something, but on the site it says 33" spreading capacity. With a single clamp, what it the maximum clamping capacity? It doesn't look like they come in different sizes.

Will I'll check tomarrow (33''?) and let you know and no they only come in one size but you can make it bigger or small depending on what parts you use.

richard poitras
08-19-2010, 9:30 PM
Will, sorry it took so long, yes it does have a 33" spreading capacity.

Richard