PDA

View Full Version : Uses for empty Act mouthwash bottles?

Stephen Tashiro
08-15-2010, 4:14 AM
The bottles for Act mouthwash have an ingenious design, but I have yet to find any use for them once they are empty. Anyone know of a clever way to reuse these bottles?

Mitchell Andrus
08-15-2010, 8:29 AM
I put mouthwash in my empties.

Actually, it's is a clever way to get consumers to avoid skimping as they consume your product.

Detergent makers were 'found out' by Consumer Reports a while ago... Tide was enlarging the cap and puffing up the oz markings so you were encouraged to use more detergent than you did the week before. A housewife found by accident that the cap from one bottle didn't fit on the new bottle. If you used the same markings, you used about 8% more.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat..... It didn't say when to stop. The whole bottle's gone. Now what?

Jim Koepke
08-16-2010, 3:17 AM
The bottles for Act mouthwash have an ingenious design, but I have yet to find any use for them once they are empty.

Unless this is a very new design, I have not noticed. Mine seems like a regular bottle with an adult proof cap.

In my shop there is a plastic bottle which has had a very small hole drilled in the cap. This is used to squirt water onto my water stones when working with them.

My thoughts were to use the empty ketchup bottles, but they have to be squeezed too hard and a lot of water come out all at once.

jim

Dan Friedrichs
08-16-2010, 8:34 AM
I think he's talking about this design, Jim:
http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/78/1/AAAAAp0QEPwAAAAAAHgexg.jpg

Mitchell Andrus
08-16-2010, 8:59 AM
I think he's talking about this design, Jim:
http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/78/1/AAAAAp0QEPwAAAAAAHgexg.jpg

Oh.... THAT design.

I save my used mouthwash in them.

Prashun Patel
08-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Are they easy to fill?

Zach England
08-16-2010, 11:11 AM
Is that like the tequila bottle that you turn upside down to pour a shot into the cap?

Stephen Tashiro
08-16-2010, 11:40 PM
The way you use the Act bottle is to squeeze it until fluid fills the reservoir at the top of the bottle around the plastic stem. Then you pour what's in the reservoir into a cup or into your mouth. You don't have to turn the Act bottle upside down.

I think you could put a tube over the plastic stem and make a "wash botte", but the problem is that there is no way to put fluid into the bottle except through the small opening in the plastic stem. This is main obstacle to reusing the bottle for a different fluid.

Dan Hintz
08-17-2010, 7:05 AM
You don't have to turn the Act bottle upside down.
Unless you plan on sucking the fluid from the top you do... ;)

I get it, just bustin' chops... :p

Rich Stewart
08-17-2010, 11:48 AM
How about a measuring device for oil in two stroke engines.

Matt Meiser
08-17-2010, 12:07 PM
You can pull out the nozzle from the top with needle nose pliers. Thats what I do for recycling. But I've never tried putting it back in. Squeezing oil through it might be tough--the orfice is pretty small.

Rich Stewart
08-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Takes us back to liquor.