PDA

View Full Version : The long awaited G1023RLX

David Helm
08-14-2010, 10:43 PM
is apparently here. Got a letter from Grizzly telling me that. Guess I may have it this week. Like Harold Burrell I guess this is sort of a pre-gloat, although I don't know if waiting 8 months constitutes gloatable results.

Jim O'Dell
08-14-2010, 11:01 PM
WOO HOO!!!!! Look forward to your write up! Hopefully everything goes smoothly. Jim.

Cary Falk
08-14-2010, 11:38 PM
It's good to hear yours is here. I got a call on Friday and my G1023RL has arrived. I am planning to drive up there on Friday the 20th and pick it up.

Mike Heidrick
08-15-2010, 2:23 AM
Sounds like an awesome new saw!!

David Helm
08-15-2010, 11:16 AM
After all this time it hasn't really sunk in that its here. Since Grizz isn't open on weekends, and the notice came on Saturday, I have to wait till tomorrow to verify that its really true. My plan is to get a local trucker to pick it up and drop it in my shop. Won't cost much cause the trip is only 4 miles.

Mike Hollingsworth
08-15-2010, 11:21 AM
You won't believe the difference a riving knife makes.

Gene Waara
08-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Another Wahoo, Dave! My G690 arrived last week but LOML had BC surgery last week so saw is secondary while she recovers. Good news is cancer was non-invasive, our prayers were answered, and now on to reconstruction - and G690 assembly this week as time allows. I will also post results.
Congrats! I'm sure the long wait was worth it.:)

David Helm
08-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Just hope I can find the time to get the thing put together. Lately, my business has been going crazy and I've hardly had any free time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. In this era of recession, it is very good to have the money coming in.

Jim O'Dell
08-15-2010, 7:21 PM
Another Wahoo, Dave! My G690 arrived last week but LOML had BC surgery last week so saw is secondary while she recovers. Good news is cancer was non-invasive, our prayers were answered, and now on to reconstruction - and G690 assembly this week as time allows. I will also post results.
Congrats! I'm sure the long wait was worth it.:)

Congrats Gene! Here's praying that her recovery goes smoothly. My LOML is still recovering from her surgery almost 3 weeks ago, getting stronger every day. Still has 2 of the drains in. Was hoping they would come out tomorrow, but looks like that won't happen now.
Yes, the saw is secondary. I was in the shop today for the first time in 4 weeks. But you will love it when you get it together and dialed in. Jim.

David Helm
08-16-2010, 2:54 PM
tomorrow in the early afternoon. With any luck I'll have it together sometime Wednesday. At long last!! I've been without a table saw since November 30 when my beloved Jet cabinet saw saved my life when my shop was crashed into.

Will Overton
08-16-2010, 3:03 PM
Hey David,

The least you could do is keep us up to date on the progress of your saw delivery. Don't keep us in the dark. :D

BTW - a big Congrats!

Van Huskey
08-16-2010, 7:59 PM
Pic and review!

David Helm
08-16-2010, 8:51 PM
Hey David,

The least you could do is keep us up to date on the progress of your saw delivery. Don't keep us in the dark. :D

BTW - a big Congrats!

I'll let you know when the truck is loaded! :-)))

David Helm
08-16-2010, 8:52 PM
Pic and review!

As soon as I can do it!