PDA

View Full Version : Center to Center

Ray Rouleau
08-14-2010, 6:26 PM
Hi All,
I believe this has been discussed before, and I have been searching but can't find the thread. I have an Epilog Helix and was wondering when using the center to center feature on the new dashboard, how to reset the original home position without re-booting?
Rgds
Ray

Greg Bednar
08-14-2010, 8:40 PM
RESET + SET HOME at the same time followed by pushing GO. In my manual it is under - Section 8: Using the Front Control Panel>SET HOME> number 6.

Ray Rouleau
08-15-2010, 5:03 PM
Thanks Greg, for some reason the cariage does not want to go back to it's original park position (or home position) even after trying the reset sequence.

Larry Bratton
08-15-2010, 5:19 PM
On my EXT, I hit the Maintenance Key, Restore Home is the first selection. Hit Go and it will return to the default park position. Or, you can turn it off and reboot.

Ray Rouleau
08-15-2010, 5:41 PM
Thanks Larry, the later seems to be the prefered method at this point.

Greg Bednar
08-15-2010, 6:00 PM
Sorry Ray - I thought you had a Mini - there is no maintenance key on my machine - Thanks for the rebound Larry.

Ray Rouleau
08-15-2010, 6:12 PM
Wierd, just realized my machine was operating as a "Mini" re-instaled the latest firmware 1.0.2.7 and all is fine.
Thanks for the input

Larry Bratton
08-15-2010, 6:20 PM
Wierd, just realized my machine was operating as a "Mini" re-instaled the latest firmware 1.0.2.7 and all is fine.
Thanks for the input
I would suspect the Maintenance Key will work now huh?

Joe De Medeiros
08-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Any idea how to do this on a Zing, I know I did it once when I had the Tech rep on the phone, but I didn't write it down. It's not in the manual, as it was added with the latest firmware.

Peck Sidara
08-17-2010, 1:47 PM
The Mini/Helix utilizes the same firmware/display. Primary differences is bed-size configuration.

Resetting home on the Mini/Helix is reset + set home buttons simultaneously.

Resetting home on the Zing is reset + x/y off buttons simultaneously.

Resetting home on a Legend EXT is under maintenance key.

All are covered in the owners manual but I can't seem to find its location in the Zing manual. Will have to take a closer look....

HTH