PDA

View Full Version : DW735 Planer

Byron Trantham
12-10-2004, 11:12 AM
I can't seem to plane wood without getting snipe. I owned a Delta 12 1/2" planer prior to the DeWalt. It had a manual head lock and I rarely got snipe with it. Have any of you figured out how to avoid snipe? :confused:

Help! :p

David Genrich
12-10-2004, 11:18 AM
Make sure your infeed and outfeed supports are level with the planner bed. If you do not have infeed and outfeed support, get them (Dewalt sells them as an accessory).

David Genrich

Byron Trantham
12-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Make sure your infeed and outfeed supports are level with the planner bed. If you do not have infeed and outfeed support, get them (Dewalt sells them as an accessory).

David Genrich

David, I bought the whole thing! I used a level across the bed(s) to adjust the height. However, I will re-check that anyway.

Directly - do you experience snipe? I know it happens occasionally but my experience seems to be too much.

Bill Marcheck
12-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Byron,

Before I got the add on outfeed tables I was having trouble with snipe.
Recently I got the add-on infeed and outfeed tables. The snip is now gone.

I've seen some suggestions to actuall have the ends of the tables set a little
higher then the bed. The theory is that the roller applies a lot of downward
pressure so a slight incine on the tables will counteract that downward pressure.
I have mine set very slightly high.

Bill

LT Dever
12-10-2004, 11:44 AM
What type of wood are you useing ? Did you try dampening the wood the wood ? This might help.............................................G od bless

Byron Trantham
12-10-2004, 11:51 AM
Byron,

Before I got the add on outfeed tables I was having trouble with snipe.
Recently I got the add-on infeed and outfeed tables. The snip is now gone.

I've seen some suggestions to actuall have the ends of the tables set a little
higher then the bed. The theory is that the roller applies a lot of downward
pressure so a slight incine on the tables will counteract that downward pressure.
I have mine set very slightly high.

Bill

Bill, I will try that. As I already said, I leveled mine to the main table, BUT if I am slightly below that, then I have made the situation worse. In any case, I wil re-check the infeed and outfeed tables. Thanks!

Dave Brandt
12-10-2004, 4:26 PM
The high table ends will help. I've been lifting up on the ends of the boards (after is clears my Ryobi's short outfeed bed) for years. The snipe all but disappears. It can be a real workout though as my arms now look like Ahnuld's.