PDA

View Full Version : SATA Spray Guns - any users?

Todd Burch
04-05-2003, 1:30 PM
The local SATA distributor and factory rep came out the other day to demo their "RP" (reduced pressure) HVLP compliant gun, the SATA LM2000 RP. (If I get it by Monday, I can get it for a show price of less than $180. I figure not too bad for an HVLP compliant gun - I was expecting to fork out about $450.)

Currently, I have two conventional sprayers (Binks & Asturo) and I am tired of the material waste and overspray. Do any of you have first hand experience with this SATA gun? Anyone using any competitive HVLP compliant gun? Any advice or comments?

And for a longshort - anyone using any of the air assisted airless pump sprayers like the upper end SATA or Kremlin units?

Thanks, Todd.

Patrick Lee Hiatt
04-05-2003, 5:03 PM
Before you spend the money check out the Astro gun by star.
Yes, astro not asturo. This is a direct copy of the sata and is a hvlp gun. Its only around $75. It does spray great. I found out about them on a professional finishing forum. Many of the guys there use them so I thought Id give it a try. I already had a few high end spray guns including a Asturo. When I received it I was suprised how well made it was and It did spray great. I purchased a gravity fed with a 1.7 tip. I use it commercially in my cabinet shop to spray catalyzed finishes, I would get a 1.5 to spray regular lacquer.
If you would like to read about this gun go to woodweb finishing forum and search on astro.
I purchased mine from tool paradise.