PDA

View Full Version : Need help with finding threads

Jack Burgess
08-13-2010, 10:20 PM
New to Sawmill and I have posted several threads and have difficult time finding them - is there a training area or a way to ask questions about the way this blog works.

Tracy Hall
08-13-2010, 11:39 PM
New to Sawmill and I have posted several threads and have difficult time finding them - is there a training area or a way to ask questions about the way this blog works.

I'm sure others have a better idea, but you can click on "Search", then "Advanced Search" to bring up the advanced search screen. From there you can enter your name in the "Search by name" (right side) and click "Search Now" at the bottom. That should give you a list of threads you have responded to.

If you want to follow a particular thread that you are interested in but are not replying to, you can click "Thread tools" (below search) and select "Subscribe to this thread". Then when you want to see the threads you can click on the "User CP" the next time in and it will show you the list of threads you have subscribed to. When you subscribe to a thread you have the option of receiving an email when the thread is updated.

This information is just what I figured out by guessing. Someone more knowing may have a better way.

Tracy

Ken Fitzgerald
08-13-2010, 11:55 PM
Jack,

In this thread, left click on your name and then select "Find all posts". It will list all the posts you have made since you joined.

Good luck!

Tracy Hall
08-14-2010, 2:37 AM
Jack,

In this thread, left click on your name and then select "Find all posts". It will list all the posts you have made since you joined.

Good luck!

Yea! Much easier than mine. Thanks.

Tracy

Jeff Bratt
08-15-2010, 6:14 PM
Another way to find threads you have posted to is to click on the Quick Links item in the SMC main menu bar, then select Subscribed Threads. Any thread you have posted to will be listed in the Subscribed list - until you remove it. This list will also have any threads to which you have Subscribed - but not necessarily posted.

Dan Hintz
08-15-2010, 7:35 PM
Assuming you subscribe to them... my list is empty, and I certainly don't delete any.

Jeff Bratt
08-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Must be a personal setting option - I am automatically subscribed to any thread I post in...